All reviews costa rica hot tub pool area standard room beautiful view souvenir shop mini fridge the staff was friendly and helpful hotel is located busy road main road enjoyed our stay yogurt stayed nights large bathroom the hotel offers coffee maker
Reviewed 30 January 2018

I stayed at LaPradera in January 2018. What a great experience. Great view of Arenal Volcano right across the road. LaFortuna is only 2km away. Tour operators picked me up here for each tour . Excellent restaurant,and bar with very good food. My room was excellent. The hot tube and pool was good . All of the staff was very polite, friendly and helpful. I want to say a special thanks to Jonathan, for taking the time to help me with infomation about the area. Thanks Jonathan for making my stay so special.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 December 2017

Accommodating, attentive, friendly staff, clean room and grounds. Nice breakfast choices. Delicious dinners. Same menu for lunches. In room refrigerator was nice. Wifi, pool. I liked the location and the FAMILY OWNED property. I enjoyed having my kids here. The experience I was looking for was safe but the goal was not to stay at a place with too many comforts. I did NOT want to stay at a large complex. This was perfect for my family. It was a bit out of town, too far to safely walk (about 20-5 min with much of it with no buffer from traffic) but taxis were easy to get. We were too far to walk to the thermal pools or hanging bridges but it was easy to arrange transport.
I would stay again. I would recommend it. My only detraction, was the mattress was firm for my taste, it might not bother someone else. I didnt have any issues with noise mentioned by others.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 December 2017

We enjoyed our stay here, had dinner in the restaurant twice very good quality food and very pleasant service.
Breakfast is not buffet style but good choice on the menu and freshly prepared.
The town of La fortuna is 20 minutes away on foot with a nice church and park worth a visit.
Bedrooms are of good size and have a fridge, views of the volcano from our bedroom terrace were very special
Thermal water pools in the area are excellent and in my opinion a must visit, go for half day at least and make the best of it.

Room Tip: All the rooms have stunning views of the volcano
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 December 2017

We stayed at La Pradera in the end of November for 4 nights and it was a pleasant experience. La Pradera is located around 2 km away from La Fortuna city center and has a beautiful view to the Arenal volcano. It really is something to wake up every morning to see this natural wonder. The pool also has a view over the volcano; if you prefer, there is a smaller pool with hot water.
It's a small hotel and rooms were built to look like bungalows. It is modest but clean, and most facilities are provided: hair drier, a safer and a fridge.
Staff is nice and available.
Breakfast is à la carte most of the days (probably at weekends it isn't), and it has three different options with bread, fruit and eggs or yoghurt. It is a fair amount, with good quality.
All in all, we found our stay at La Pradera to be quite nice!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

We were going to stay a few nights to explore Arenal because the reviews looked good, but I don’t know who wrote them.
First they sprayed a very strong room freshener to mask the other smell but it was so strong we couldn’t stay in the room. So we opened the window but there are no screens. They said there were no mosquitoes. Why? Did they spray pesticide also?
The mattress was so thin you could feel the coils.
The walls are so thin that it was like being with the staff as they set up breakfast noisily at 5 am yelling at each other.
To add insult to injury a family of Chinese (maybe 6 or more had a party in their room 2 doors down until late at night.
Nope.
This is a cheap motel.
There is a separate website r commending this place as the best mid range. It must be a promotional webpage made by the owners.
I give it 2 stars because the grounds look nice.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple