3,473 results
All reviews hot springs costa rica la fortuna beautiful grounds private hot spring rocking chairs swim up bar breakfast buffet towel animals private patio back porch every morning rainy season thermal pools rooms are nice arenal area restaurant staff
Reviewed 12 March 2016

This was our first stop in Costa Rica and we had a great time here, no complaints. The room was a bungalow style, well fitted and maintained. There's a front entrance and a separate back porch that looked out on the pretty, manicured property and had a perfect view of the volcano.

The pool and restaurant area were very nice. It has a relaxing, social vibe. The pool is well maintained with a large area for lounging. Thea's a swimming pool and a separate tiered area with natural hot springs of varying temperatures. It's wonderful really. Not huge or over the top, but completely relaxing after an active day.

The staff were super friendly, very prompt, helpful. No complaints. And the food was pretty darn good. Actually some of the better cooking we experienced on our trip.

This is not an uber swanky, 5 star resort type of place, but it's quite nice, with resort like yet personal feel. Totally recommend.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 March 2016

I only had a massage but one of the best I've ever had. Volcanic mud massage which was the full 90 mins and included a shower and then was moisturised and a head massage. Absolutely amazing experience.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank mandy003
Reviewed 11 March 2016

It is good place to rest, but if you want to keep doing activities you have to move to other sites,but that's not a problem, because there is much to do nearby.. The attention of the staff is very attentive and friendly . The rooms are somewhat basic but are well maintained and clean. The food is delicious and the view of the volcano is impressive.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2016

I can't say enough about the Volcano Lodge and Springs! Thank you for one of the best vacations I've ever had. I have travelled the world, but this was by far my favorite. The staff was very friendly and accommodating, the room was very clean with a private backyard and beautiful view. It was close to many attractions and had a five star experience for a quarter of the price. I will definitely stay here in the future! Great for families or for those traveling with friends.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 March 2016

This hotel was amazing from the start! They were very quick to respond through email before our arrival with any questions I had. The rooms were beautiful and clean, we chose an upgraded room so we had our own private hot spring! And all of this was at a very reasonable price. The staff at the front desk and restaurant & bar were very friendly and helpful. They also have a beautiful hot spring pool by the restaurant that was great to relax in after a day of hiking. I would highly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends