We stayed in Tilijari in late August of this year (2017) during what is the rainy season in Costa Rica. The resort is located around 30 minutes outside of La Fortuna/Arenal and away from the tourist bustle of that area. There is an abundance of wildlife as other reviews remark, including a number of iguanas that lumber about the property. The butterfly garden is wonderful, and under visited. The pool and hot tub are both very nice, and the restaurant and bar are remarkable. Do not skip the fantastic breakfast with some of the most excellent jugos frescos you will find. It is a quiet setting, and you will enjoy walking the grounds with the numerous gardens to explore. Keep in mind, this resort is not necessarily within walking distance of any major tourist areas, but anything you need is a short drive away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standard rooms and junior suites spread over the San Carlos River Edge at Arenal Volcano Area. Exceptional Katira restaurant offering a selected international and typical menu and the best facilities in our 5 special events halls. Three swimming pools, sauna, jacuzzi, private forest, sport facilities and much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Hooroo Pty Ltd and lastminute.com.au so you can book your Tilajari Hotel Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tilajari Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Tilajari Hotel Resort Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos