All reviews jeep boat jeep costa rica hostel tours sleep
Reviewed 7 July 2016 via mobile

Perfect place after zip lining! The Ceviche was fresh ,the tuna Tartare delicious! If the perfect way the end an adventure in the rain forest. Relax atmosphere in front of Arenal lake and the Volcano. Food is great clean fresh a joyful experience

Date of stay: July 2016
Reviewed 12 October 2015 via mobile

Very nice place to spend time in Fortuna, cheap and clean with a good kitchen and a courtyard with hammocks looking at the Arenal Volcano. Luis is a great host will give you the best advices on the area, a very nice guy : -)

Date of stay: October 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank lazzale
Reviewed 9 October 2015

I wish that I had stayed here longer the first night we were sent to a horrible place up the road. So in the morning I went looking for a better place .Luckily we found Chill Out Backpackers. This place is bliss it is easy to see why it has such high ratings. The rooms & the wonderful kitchen were spotlessly clean. I loved it. The view to the volcano is amazing especially in the morning when there are clouds sunrise & sunset were fabulous. There is plenty of outside seating and hammocks to just chill & look at the volcano. The owners are lovely people who ensure that you have every thing that you need.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Karry R
Reviewed 6 June 2015

This place was cheap and cheerful. The girl showed me the room we would have before we made any decisions. It was super cheap (10mil per private room with private bathroom in low season) sowas only 5mil pppn. The kitchen is fully functioning with a fridge and tons of utensils. Its very basic and yes there are bugs because we aee in Costa rica! 5 star hotels have bugs too.
The service was good too, we kept changing our minds about when we were leaving and always had loads of Qs and they didnt mind at all.
When my friend was going to leave and I had to stay one more night alone, she even was going to let me stay for the same price in the same room and not pay more!

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 April 2015

We had to hunt bugs in our small rooms, one even falling in the bed from to ceiling :( please do something about it ! Otherwise you get a private bathroom for 20$ so it could defintly be a good deal...

Date of stay: April 2015