“Awesome little B&B just minutes away from...”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
Katherine...
Toronto, Canada
“Awesome little B&B just minutes away from everything”
Reviewed 14 February 2011 for a stay in February 2011

We stayed at Villa Hermosa for a few nights during our Honeymoon in Costa Rica.

When we arrived, we were greeted by Wendy and Dave, the owners of the property. Dave took our luggage as Wendy showed us the place and served us welcome drinks. It was a very nice gesture welcoming us to their place and making sure we were made aware of everything available.

The accommodations were more than we were expecting from the pictures they have online. The bedroom is large and very comfortable, kept cool with a beautiful ceiling fan. The kitchen, dining and living area are also great, the furniture was so comfortable to sit and drink coffee at each morning. Since the living area is outside, it is a perfect chance to watch the birds come by and eat plantains that are hung each morning in the tree!

Breakfast was to die for at the Villa Hermosa! Wendy and Dave are great cooks and know how to make you feel like you are somebody special. My wife has a few allergies to food, and these precautions were taken and the food was just wonderful!

There is a nice pool area to lounge by as well, but we were a busy couple, wanting to absorb all the adventure we could in just two full days in La Fortuna!

Wendy also let us know of some hot springs that were in and around town, letting us know the goods and bads of each place. We ended up visiting The Springs, just down the road, and it was just as amazing! I didn't know how nice it could be in such a rural area! Wendy also helped us book tours without a problem, as well as recommended a few places to eat in town. I'm looking forward to going back to Don Rofinos for dinner and Lava Lounge for lunch again!

Three nights at Villa Hermosa was not enough. I would love to come back here next time I'm in Costa Rica. I'm hoping the weather might be more agreeable with us next time though!

Cheers to Wendy and Dave Holt, Pura Vida!

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:

Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Chicago
Reviewed 12 January 2011 for a stay in November 2010

Check-in / front desk Service
Liked best: Away from the main road
Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Tourists
Luxury-minded travelers Rugged travelers
Halifax Nova Scotia
Reviewed 12 January 2011 for a stay in December 2010

Travelling group: Family with young children
Your age range 35-44
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing