“The bartender were very useless”
Review of Lava Rocks Cafe

Lava Rocks Cafe
Price range: USD 5 - USD 30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 June 2017

Started with a bad face just because I asked for a beer to the long time they took preparing my food , one of the worst places to have a beer or dinner

The girls working there doesn't like the people and they will ignored you until you get tired to ask so then they will get closer..

Something good and the only good thing I can the recommend, their nachos
At least I enjoyed my meals

Reviewed 4 June 2017

The cafe is well placed the and decently done up. The food is just about average and the service minimal. Might look up another place if i visit La Fortuna again

Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

As I write this it's been more than 25 minutes since our waitress picked up our payment. Still waiting for the change. My partner asked for the bill once. The next time we saw our server she didn't bring the bill but instead asked if we wanted anything else(that was not included in the 25 minute wait). Sorry for writing this review in a reverse time sequence. When we were ready to order she twice asked us if we were ready to order and walked away both times as if it were funny.

Add to that I ordered a Greek salad that was quite the disappointment. Black olives are not Greek olives:(. I fully understand that most people around the world haven't had the luxury of eating Greek salads in Greece so I shouldn't be so critical but lettuce is not typical and shouldn't be bitter. Truth be told I probably shouldn't be writing this review before I've had time to cool down but here you go.

Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

Bartender was not welcoming and was short with us. We would have stayed but we got one drink and left due to the rude service at several times.

Reviewed 15 March 2017

We stopped in for dessert. 3 of us had two scoops in a bowl, total of 6 distinct flavors. We all agreed on declaring each and every flavor delicious. We even tried flavors for the first time, so the opportunity for a bad choice was there just based on personal taste and risky choices. But we were delighted. The counter server even brought water to our table, for all four of us as we enjoyed our gelato.