“Healthy and Flavorful”

El Chante Vegano
Ranked #2 of 216 Restaurants in Alajuela
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: //WHO WE ARE// El Chante Vegan is located in the heart of the city on Avenida 5 near the Post Office. Secured parking is available across from or next to the restaurant. It is a 10-15 minute drive from the airport. The restaurant is open from 12:00 a.m. to 08:00 p.m. Tues. –Sat; noon to 4:00 p.m. Sundays. //FRESH// We purchase ingredients direct from the producers, fisher-people & foragers to ensure top quality & flavour. //ORGANIC// We purchase healthy food, grown or raised by people that share our belief in how to source & produce food. You will find the perfect dish to address any dietary challenges with the help of our friendly Staff. //FUSION GRILL// The quality of grilled combinations like Salmon, Pork Ribs, Pasta with shrimp & tuna in are second to none. You’re going to love the flavour of homemade cuisine.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We ate here a month ago and LOVED IT. Fantastic food and very friendly staff. They speak great English also. The food was beyond expectation,would eat here again.

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

I've eaten in this restaurant since they started some years ago and they have never failed to deliver great quality and amazing flavors consistently. I love this option to eat delicious and cruelty free. :3 Pending coffee available too.

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Spreading the word because I like this tasty place. And it can be difficult for travelers to find vegetarian (moreso, vegan) or simply fresh, less fried ingredients. Thus, difficult for the owners to maintain their restaurant.

Enjoyed chill music; clean tables and spacing; friendly cook. I tried the watermelon "hierbabuena" ("peppermint") & mushroom-burger that comes with fries. So filling with plenty of seasoning and sauce. Luckily, it was only a short walk from the hostel -- along both parks patrolled by police then past the shopping walkway (the block where "Jerusalem de Costa Rica" is situated with its funny announcer and oldies music).

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

They make everything! It's gourmet but at regular prices, every bite was heaven, worth the detpur outside of San Jose!

Reviewed 17 March 2018

So many tourists are afraid to venture out of the airport hotel. The municipality of Alajuela is wonderful and has a choice of local restaurants. I considered several choices for my dinner last night, and just had the taxi drop me off in the center of town. El Chante was the first one that I found.

I had a salad with freshly grilled vegetables with a dressing that had just the right amount of spiciness to it. I then had a garbanzo bean ceviche. I have not had any type of ceviche for many years. it was quite good. The two combined made an excellent full meal.

Why just 4*? Well, there was a selection of local craft beers, but the beers had just been placed in the cooler. To his credit, the server advised me in advance of the situation. But there should always be cold beer available!