“What a wonderful experience!”
Review of Norma's Villas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Province of Alajuela
Norma's Villas
Reviewed 24 March 2010

Norma's Villas were quiet, beautiful and clean. The scenery is beautiful. The location of the villas made it easy to travel in any direction and was close to the airport. Norma was always available to answer any questions we had and was an absolute gem. The full kitchen was a plus and we were even able to do laundry in our villa! This was our first trip to Costa Rica and we are looking forward to returning with our younger daughter. We will without a doubt stay at Norma's Villas again.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank FortWorth13

Reviewed 23 February 2010

We used Norma's Villas as our base to tour the central valley and the Pacific coast. The Villa was perfect for relaxing and enjoying the company of others who were staying there. Norma is fantastic! We loved the parrots and the grounds are gorgeous. We liked having the kitchen to make breakfast everyday and even some dinners. Very convenient location, surround by lovely homes and nurseries. We're hoping to be back soon!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2010

My husband and I traveled with another couple to take a break from the hustle and bustle. Norma's Villas provided us with the PERFECT getaway. The villas are spacious, nicely appointed, and very comfortable. The 3 pools on site were immaculately kept...with plenty of hammocks for nature watching, reading, or napping. The grounds were beautifully kept...with so much for a nature lover to see. The owners were so accomodating, friendly, helpful, and kind. If there is anything that you need to know...they can help you. The location is perfect - both coasts and the big city of San Jose are easily accessible. We highly recommend Norma's Villas! In fact, we're thinking about returning this year...and there is no question as to where we will stay!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2010

My vacation in late 2008-early 2009 marked my 5th trip to Costa Rica as well as my 5th stay at Norma's Villas. I have stayed anywhere from 4 days to 2 months at Norma's and consider it the perfect place to stay if you are looking for a quiet, peaceful, and beautiful location.
As a single female traveler, I felt safe and comfortable and the owners made me feel at home. Norma speaks English very well and her husband Carlos, although he does not speak English, is a wonderfully friendly and helpful man.
This quaint and clean little resort boasts 3 swimming pools, always beautifully kept. There is a tennis court and plently of natural landscape to explore. Indigineous species of iguana, birds, butterflies, and other animals are at home at Norma's. I loved to sit out by the "picnic tree" and just admire the beauty of the place. There are orchids growing from the picnic tree, as well as all over the grounds.
All villas are fully equipped for a short or long-term stay. I especially liked having a kitchen where I could cook my own meals, especially on longer visits. There is a small grocery store in walking distance from the villas and the larger town of Alajuela is only 20 minutes away, with plenty of shopping opportunities.
Local or day -trip "attractions" include the country's zoo (Zoo Ave), a butterfly farm, Volcan Poas, and many bars/restaurants, to name a few. The Pacific Ocean and its beautiful beaches are less than 2 hours away. While I prefer staying in the quiet town of La Garita, for a change of pace, the city life in San Jose is only 40 minutes away.
Only 20 minutes from the International Airport, Norma's makes a perfect spot to stay at the beginning or end of a vacation. I WILL be returning to CR and Normas in the very near future and highly recommend it to families, singles, girlfriend retreats, and retired persons. The only people I wouldn't recommend for Norma's would be those looking for a non-stop wild party!
Pura Vida!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bella929
Reviewed 8 September 2009

I just spent a month at Norma's during the off season. Absolutely a great place to stay. Cooking facilities and stand alone homes. Mine was a one bedroom with a combination living room kitchen. Perfect for one or two. The grounds are perfectly maintained as are the units... No heat-- no air-- NONE NEEDED. Perfect weather.

Conveniently located to San Jose, the mountain sites, volcanoes, and the beaches. Use this place to see the country by day trips in cars... or conveniently arranged tours, massages, etc. Ask Norma... she can help with everything. If you speak a little Spanish, the staff is always cordial and nice. especially Carlos.. Laundry care available also.. Very secure with some very good restaurants near by.

Basketball, tennis courts, pavilion, three pools, lots of fresh fruit on the on site trees.. and beautiful tropical flowers with mountains surrounding...

Enjoy..