“Such a nice surprise.”

White House Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in Warrior
Cuisines: American
Description: Best turnip greens and peach cobler around. Can get food from menu or going through the line. Big quantities and good southern cooking.
Reviewed 18 November 2017

I was in an unfamiliar area when I noticed a huge crowd at this establishment. Decided to give it a try for lunch and wasn't disappointed. Huge selection of meats and vegetables on their steam table and very reasonable prices. I loved the Chicken & Dumplings and the green beans tasted like my Mother had cooked them. The coleslaw was also quite good. Their portions were huge but I managed to eat everything on my plate. They also have a menu with a varied selection of fish, chicken, shrimp, sandwiches, burgers, salads, etc. There appeared to be lots of "regulars" in the place which always speaks well for a eatery. The wait staff was friendly and efficient. I posted my impressions on my Facebook page and some of my friends have already tried it and agree that they'll be back

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed 7 September 2017

This is another of those hidden gems that goes beyond the radar of most people who live outside Warrior . The place has been around for a good while although it was closed after a fire and they had to remodel. The White House has a steam table with all those southern foods that we like- fried chicken, meatloaf, dressing and all those wonderful vegetables....yams, corn etc. Top that with a roll or cornbread. They are not stingy with their portions. I got a few plates to go and my parents and I got more than one meal out of it. Added bonus is seeing pictures of all the presidents on the wall. Every single one individually on the wall .

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

This place is locally owned and has been in this same spot for 30+ yrs that i remember. Its crowded on Sundays after church but the buffet line moves pretty quick and you get alot of food

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 28 July 2017

This is basically a meat and 3. You can order off the menu if you like. You go through a line and tell them what you want to eat. It is very good food. My wife ordered a grilled chicken salad and the salad was very large. She could not eat it all. She said it was very good. I went through the line and got fried chicken. It was as good or better than any I have ever had. The service was a little slow at our table. One waitress began waiting on us and then never came back. A different waitress waited on us but I thought the service should have been better.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

Lots of food, great southern cooking, excellent price, friendly staff! I was really hesitant at first because I wasn't used to this style setup, but it did not disappoint! Vegetarian options limited. Gluten free options wouldn't be possible.

Date of visit: May 2017