“Key card problems”

Ranked #9 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Cincinnati
“Key card problems”
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Nice, clean room and a comfortable place to stay. Only problem, and it was a big one, was that my card (and 3 other cards I tried) would not open the door. The first night was fine, but after a long days work I came in late and no card would open my door the second night. The person on duty did not know how to use the machine that can open any of the doors so I had to stay in another room. Unfortunately, the only room available was a smoking. They also woke me up in the morning to tell me they were working on the door, which I did not need to know while I was sleeping. I know these things happen and they were very apologetic and even gave me a few free beers while I was waiting to get the door opened, but I thought it was something worth reporting here. They also gave me a free breakfast and a bag of assorted drinks and nuts.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
HGITuscaloosa, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, 12 June 2012
Dear tvneal,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on your stay. I am so sorry about the incident with your key cards as well as waking you up so early. Please know that your comments are important to us and we will address these issues. Your feedback is critical to the success of this hotel and gives our leadership direction on how we can improve our delivery and recognize our valued associates. We are glad that we were able to provide additional amenities to make the remainder of your stay more comfortable. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Thank you again and hope you will return soon.

John Henderson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Hotel was clean. Loved the Alabama football decor. Room was clean, bed comfortable and room decor was nice. Missing from this hotel is the friendliness that we have come to expect when we visit the south. The staff was professional and stiff, for lack of a better word. The breakfast is NOT complimentary. At a charge of 9.95 each we would have had to spend an additional $50 for our family to have breakfast. There are other hotels in the immediate area that would offer a complimentary breakfast for the price we paid to stay here. Next time we will be staying there.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Renee608_11
Dear Renee608_11,

We are very happy that you were pleased with your accommodations here at the Hilton Garden Inn Tuscaloosa. Our guest reviews are very valuable to us, as they give us even more opportunities to please our guests. We would love the opportunity to serve you again in the future. We do have a wonderful "Bed and Breakfast" Package available that will include breakfast. We offer a full cooked-to-order breakfast with unlimited refills, and think you and your family would thoroughly enjoy it. We appreciate you staying with us, and look forward to having the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 24 May 2012

The room was clean and housekeeping kept it that way. The bed was comfortable. The room was pleasant enough, but not a stand-out for decor. Staff was very friendly, housekeeping even left a note wishing me a safe trip home. They did have a complimentary breakfast (you get a coupon at check-in) that included all the usuals (even grits!) and a cooked-to-order egg. There was a coffee urn in the lobby in the evenings. We were there for the once a month evening "party" with drinks and crawfish. A good place to stay.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jim K
Dear Jim K,

Thank you for making us your home away from home during your stay in Tuscaloosa!

We were happy to have you as our guest and hope we will have the chance to welcome you back in the future. If you ever have questions or need assistance with reservations, please don't hesitate to reach out and let us know.

Starkville, Mississippi
Reviewed 28 April 2012

This is a good choice if you're on the road. Visible from Interstate, a lot of chain restaurants on the surrounding frontage roads (burgers, pancakes, steaks). I think it's typical of this chain. Rooms are certainly adequate: typical Hilton beds, fridge, microwave, etc. I happened to be there when they were finishing the upgrade of their wifi. By the time I left, it was completed. Front desk staff was friendly and efficient. I had a coffee maker in my room, so not real sure what the folks who complained about "no coffee" had to face. Didn't try the restaurant, so won't comment. A bit cheaper than the two Hampton Inns in Tuscaloosa, which may be why they don't offer a complimentary breakfast. One odd note: there was no clock (and therefore no alarm) in the room.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Dear Papa_Sid,

Thank you so much for staying with us in Tuscaloosa, Alabama! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay so thoroughly! We pride ourselves on our high standards regarding cleanliness, friendliness, and attention to detail, and we greatly appreciate your feedback.
We look very forward to seeing you on your next trip to Tuscaloosa, and cannot wait to serve you again soon.

Franklin, Tennessee
Reviewed 22 April 2012 via mobile

Typical Hilton garden which is why you use this hotel chain. For the comparative price at other chains you usually receive some sort of breakfast included. Not here. We came back after dinner and looked for a complementary coffee but there was none. This is cheap, almost "nickel and dime" situation.

Stayed April 2012
Dear Tom W,

Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay with us. I apologize for the inconvenience of not having coffee available in the lobby the evening of your stay. This is an amenity that we generally have available, and I am sorry that we did not have it that night. We would love the opportunity to serve you again, and have a second chance to "wow" you. Thank you again for your feedback, and we look forward to serving you soon.