All reviews rocking chairs cookies waffles would stay here again my daughter room was clean in town the breakfast area staff was friendly new orleans front desk staff road trip hot breakfast roll tide lobby pillows interstate
Reviewed 5 October 2018

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Radisson
John L, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Tuscaloosa, AL, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2018

Reviewed 2 October 2018

Upon pulling up, this motel looks fresh, clean, and new. The lobby and breakfast area reinforce this myth. It isn't until you open the door to your room that you realize how bad this hotel is-- and I was staying in a suite!!. Lighting is atrocious. I had grime built up in my bathtub. The intake vent was rusting and there were rust marks on the surrounding ceiling. The bathroom and bedrooms doors banged together. The free internet kept dropping me. The one was positive was their outstanding staff that were courteous and helpful. I asked the front desk person what additional renovations would be made as I'd spotted a sign apologizing for the hotel's "progress." He explained everything had pretty much been done with the exception of the replacement of the sofa sleepers. With that knowledge, I'll try my luck at any other hotel/ motel/ inn in Tuscaloosa. I do feel badly about their service people, though.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Radisson
John L, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Tuscaloosa, AL, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Thank you for reviewing the property. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed in the accommodations of our facility. I do wish you had spoken with the staff directly about the issues that you experienced during your stay so that we could have attempted to make things right with you while you were on property. I was the one you had the conversation with in regards to the sleeper sofas and renovation and you gave no indication at all that anything was awry. I am sorry that I mistook your question and that you did not think that we could or would do anything to try to make the situation right for you. The owners have spent tens of thousands on improving this property this year and while I may not be privy to what else they may intend to do, I can state with absolute certainty that they are reinvesting in this property.

John Letourneau

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

I have stayed at this location before & it was clean. I stayed 8/27/18 and the musty wet mildew roach spray smell was almost sickening. If it hadn’t been so late when I arrived & hadn’t already had the room reserved I would have went somewhere else. There were dehumidifiers everywhere. Counter person said it was to keep the hotel cool... yeah ok someone must have had a major flood to require that many dehumidifiers. They didn’t help the stintch and nastiness of the place.

Trip type: Travelled on business
John L, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Tuscaloosa, AL, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that you had such a poor experience at our property. The dehumidifiers are to try to rein in the humidity issues being in Alabama causes and that you directly referenced. I am sorry that you misinterpreted the rationale for why they were here, however it was not due to a flood of any kind. We know we have issues with humidity during the summer that directly lead to the damp feeling you referenced and if not controlled, can lead to the other issues you referenced. I am sorry that you disapprove and that we were not able to satisfactorily accommodate your needs during this stay.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Radisson
John L, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Tuscaloosa, AL, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2018

Reviewed 21 August 2018

Stayed here for a week on two different occasions and was pleased both times. The location was convenient to places to eat, as well as where I was attending school. I enjoyed the atmosphere on the front porch, with the rocking chairs and benches placed there it was easy to meet up with fellow classmates and discuss the lectures from class that day. I would recommend anyone attending conference or school in the area to stay here.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Radisson
John L, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Tuscaloosa, AL, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Thank you for the fantastic review and we can't wait to see you again on your next visit!

John Letourneau