Ambassador Inn&Suites Tuscaloosa
USD 156*
HIExpress.com
USD 260*
USD 201*
All reviewscontinental breakfast iswould stay here againyogurtnew orleansin townnice propertybeds were comfortablenight's sleepstayed one nighta great staycleanlinesscouchmicrowavelinensuniversity
Reviewed 8 February 2018

The Ambassador is located around the corner from all the hotels on MacArthur Avenue. It's quiet, the rooms are spacious, clean, and the beds are comfortable. The price is good for an average hotel.

The breakfast is their worst feature. They hardly have anything, the coffee was weak, and the dining area was tiny, with only three tables. I'll probably stay there again, since the price is right, but I'll have breakfast elsewhere.

Stayed: February 2018
Reviewed 23 November 2017

Had never heard of this hotel but the ratings were good so I gave it a try. Very nice property. I had one of the most restful "sleeps" that I can remember. The bed was very comfortable for me. I actually felt like I had a full night's sleep after approx. 6 hrs. Pretty quiet too.

What I liked:

Cleanliness of room
Cable TV system
Very comfortable suite
Wonderful bed
Clean linens and bath towels/washcloths

What Could be Improved:

Could add more "hot" breakfast items besides waffles

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 July 2017

We stayed here three nights because of car repairs on a long-distance trip. It was a clean, comfortable hotel with friends, accommodating staff. No pool or fitness room, but they steam clean the carpets twice a month. Free continental breakfast included cereal, pastries, yogurt, Belgian waffle maker, coffee and juice. Overall, great family-owned hotel.

Room Tip: Smoking rooms on 3rd floor, but not noticeable from the hallway.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 March 2017

Stayed overnight while traveling to New Orleans. Hotel was very reasonably priced and comfortable. Rooms were quiet and so we both slept well.
Breakfast in morning was yogurt, fruit, pastries, cereal, waffles, coffee, and tea which helped us on our way. We did use the business centre in the morning as we had purchased tickets for activities in New Orleans. In room WiFi worked well. We would stay here again if en route to New Orleans.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2017 via mobile

I was traveling from Louisiana to Georgia and unfortunately got caught in this nasty southern winter storm and had to get a hotel in Tuscaloosa for the night. I happened upon this one-- check in was fantastic and the clerk was very polite, timely and efficient and seemed to truly appreciate the business. The hotel smelled very nice and felt super clean as soon as I walked in. My room is modern and very clean with a deep bath tub and plenty of towels, very comfortable mattress with lots of pillows, a couch/table and a fridge, Keurig and microwave. I couldn't possibly be more comfortable or happy with my accommodations, especially when this was such a spur of the moment and unplanned stay. Continental breakfast is included and for the price this is just a fantastic hotel! You will not be disappointed. :) Very satisfied.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo