All reviews black warrior river rooftop bar nice walking great place for drinks front desk the river walk great lighting ve stayed here hotel parking modern hotel close to the hotel no refrigerator or microwave sized bed great hotel bars and restaurants great shower room was spacious
Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

I like the rooftop bar. Rooms a big, the door from the bathroom and closet I had to get used to this is a big sliding door. There have to change something with the breakfast service. The Girl try very hard to serve every one, but sometime we wait 10 min to get a coffee.. their should have a coffee station where everyone can get their own coffee.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank 835jensw
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Tuscaloosa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2018

Hello Jens W,

Thank you for leaving us your review and for making us a part of your visit here in Tuscaloosa. We are grateful that you chose the Hotel Indigo.

As always, we wanted nothing more but to ensure your experience turn as positive as possible. While I appreciate that you like our rooftop bar and our rooms, I'm sorry to make you uneasy with the door of the bathroom and closet and the long time it took to serve your coffee. I regard your insights as to how we can make your breakfast better and the kind words you said about our breakfast server. Don't worry, I took the necessary steps to ensure our management gets to read your post and map ways to improve what we provide. Again, thanks for sharing your this.

Having you back in the future will be the greatest reward we can ever ask and I am positive to make it better. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us.

Best regards,

Frank A.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

I booked my room through Trivago. Two nights stay was going to be $365. I was told at check-in they'd hold $20 for incidentials. Not a problem.
I had drinks at the roof top bar and breakfast the last morning charged to the room.
I look at my statement this evening and the held $100. Not what I was told but not life altering until I see they already took the drinks and breakfast in addition.

I call the front desk to discuss and the young lady's response was we hold a 100 it will work itself out. I get it if they didn't take the hundred plus the charges. I ask her why and I go on hold.
Long story short, I call back 2 times and finally get a VM that I assume is a manager.

Go with Capstone and you'll be treated fairly.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Hotel I, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Tuscaloosa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Paul S, we regret the miscommunication regarding the temporary hold on your credit and hope to have the opportunity to speak with you to resolve the issue. Your voicemail is currently full and we're not able to leave you a message if you could please contact the hotel directly at your earliest convenience.

Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

Huge Issues with the Hotel ! Surprise Surprise The General Manager does not care nor does he work the weekends! The room didn’t get serviced until 6pm after we brought it to the attention of the Front Desk 3 Times. Room service trays cluttered the hall from the previous day at 6pm the next day.

We are Spire Elite and we even had IHG intervening on our behalf and this was the worst stay, I’ve ever experienced. I sent a factual email to the GM but no response, 5 days later!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Hotel I, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Tuscaloosa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

We regret that you had a poor experience during your stay with us hangtenmike and for the inability to connect with you. While we have consistent executive management coverage for all days of the week, I understand the frustration in the lack of communication and lapse in service standards you experienced during your stay and we have addressed this lapse and the factors that contributed to it with our leaders and associates. We hope to have another opportunity to have you as our guest again in the future to show you that this was an exception to our standards and general culture.

Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

In town for work...first time here....it is very nice. I reserved a river view king...a little disappointed that river view is through the trees..but otherwise impressed. Not able to take advantage of the rooftop bar yet because it was closed the first night and rain on the 2nd. Breakfast was very good. Cocktails in the bar are good too
The staff has been very friendly. Love the decor in the lobby and the room.
Will definitely stay here again

Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for being our guest Adrienne at Hotel Indigo Tuscaloosa!

Reviewed 20 August 2018

We’ve stayed here 3 times now. Great staff and super clean and hip. Only issue is worlds slowest food service. Never seen anything like the rooftop. Waited 45 min on a simple app we neve got for a starving child. We finally gave up and told them that and left after great Kept telling us was on its way. Two of Out of three times also had similar service in morning for bkfst. Either figure it out or don’t offer!

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for the review Mwilder16. While we are thrilled you enjoyed your stay overall, we are proactively addressing the service issues you experienced with our management team. We look forward to having you back with us again soon!