“Very decent... but could improve”
Review of No.1 China Buffet

No.1 China Buffet
Ranked #51 of 73 Restaurants in Scottsboro
Reviewed 18 July 2016

We ate here on a Sunday afternoon and most everything was at least pretty decent with some dishes that were very good. The very good: mushroom chicken, stuffed mushrooms, and Kimchi. The needs improvement: pork chops (overcooked: dry and tough), sushi (taste was just a bit off, and should have heeded the warning when the sushi was not disappearing very fast), teriyaki chicken (overly sweet and too much sauce), and the crispy Chinese soup noodles (a.k.a., fried wonton strips: were a bit on the stale side). Also, someone probably needs to teach the staff at the restaurant how to pick out a good watermelon... It was not quite ripe enough, hence bland. My wife loved the salmon, but it was not too my liking so you may want to try a small sample first.

Reviewed 3 June 2016

I don't usually go to Chineese places, but my neighbor wanted me to go to lunch with him. I was surprised at how good it was. Very good selection. The big surprise was at the end of the meal they have self serve ice cream. Not soft serve, but 6 flavors of Blue Bell. Senior lunch is $6 and dinner is $8. Their bar b q sauce was so good I talked them into selling me a quart for my smoked ribs.

Reviewed 27 October 2015

Tried this place a couple times. Food is poor quality, I have never had fried rice made with hot sauce, not my thing! Yuck! The seafood always smells funny and the place always needs cleaning. Saw a roach on our last visit so we will not be back!

Reviewed 31 August 2015

We like to visit here on Sundays . Food is always fresh around 12pm.I believe the price was $8.99 with seniors $7.99. Really the fired rice, spinach souffle, garlic green beans and black pepper chicken. We always leave with our belly full. Place is normal for most chinese buffetts. Resturant is always clean

Reviewed 2 August 2015

Good food, good quantity, good price. Recommended. Well stocked buffet, service was friendly atmosphere.