All reviews big room nanjing street pudong airport bund area chinese food walking distance china subway taxi conference
Reviewed 1 October 2016 via mobile

Normal hotel in Shanghai. Nothing special but you have everything you need. Room was spacious and comfort. Breakfast was not really good and it was difficult to find something Western like for breakfast. Coffee was also horrible. Anyhow, for couple of nights business stay works fine.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 September 2016

Stayed in this hotel for 10 days, during an extended business visit. The hotel location was near my meeting venue, but otherwise far from the nice downtown. Checkin process was a bit challenging since most of the staff do not speak english, but were very very sincere in trying to help and fix any issue.

I got a room with panoramic view on the 19th floor, which was really nice, clean and spacious. The bathroom was nice too. No complaints.

To go anywhere, you will have to take a cab ( easily ordered from the frontdesk). Shanghai downtown is really nice with lot of things to do.

In summary, it is a nice business hotel, no major complaints, but I would suggest hiring frontdesk staff with adequate command of english ... after all Shanghai is a real metropolitan international city.

Room Tip: ask for panoramic view room on the very high levels overlooking the college of commerce.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Jimmy C
Reviewed 7 September 2016

I ended up here because I was presenting at a conference in the very near by Shanghai University of Finance and Economics. The hotel is also very convenient to a few other universities in the area and to the offices of some IT companies. But it is hardly a first choice if the objective to a Shanghai visit is the usual tourist attractions. They can be reached via the train system which is 5-10 minutes away. From the airport the easiest and most sensible transport is by taxi which will run you about 165 Rmb. It seems to take about 45 minutes without running into any serious traffic. Most of that distance is covered on multi-lane highway. I stayed in one of the clubrooms which are located on the 16th-19th floors. These are large rooms with an ample bathroom containing separate shower and bath. Two bottles of water are provided daily for free and more will be supplied if necessary. Teabags and instant coffee are also to be had. My room was nonsmoking, fresh and clean. I am not one to go hunting for dirt. Beds are big and comfortable. Service is well meaning but English language capability is spotty at best. A series of cafes and acceptable restaurants are about a 15-20 minute walk away or a quick 14 RMB taxi ride of less than five minutes. The hotel has several restaurants and there is nothing to complain about regarding the foot. A breakfast buffet was largely Chinese in style, though not completely, and was quite satisfactory. (Don't know the cost since my food and accommodation was picked up by the University.) So choose the hotel if you have dealings in the area. Otherwise as a tourist it would probably make equal sense to stay at an airport hotel and come directly into the city by the new maglev train. In other words it would make no sense whatsoever.

Room Tip: The Clubrooms provide quiet, a view and are very comfortable.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank cfreedma
Reviewed 22 June 2016

I guess this is a 3-star hotel. I rate it well below any well-run Holiday Inn Express. There were several things that left me unsatisfied with this hotel. First, we reserved a non-smoking room but got a smoking room ... and all the hallways on the floors I was on smelled like smoke. When we complained, they moved us ... to another smoking room. Both rooms were generally musty and smelly. Second, the AC didn't seem to work the first night. When my wife (who is Chinese) complained, it turned out that management sets the limits of the AC remotely ... that the wall controller will only take the temperature down as much as they allow! On the plus side, they adjusted it so our AC worked properly. On the downside, I am not sure if correcting this issue would be very straightforward if someone who wasn't Chinese tried to navigate it. I don't see the point in even having wall controls if mins and maxes are set elsewhere. There were a lot of other lesser issues. The breakfast buffet is rather limited, the shower heads in two rooms were pathetic, the water temperature is either hot or cold with a maddenly narrow setting to get it just right, the print on the shampoo and shower gel is so tiny, I couldn't read it, etc, etc. Don't get me wrong. This isn't the worst hotel I have stayed in. I just want to paint a realistic picture of what to expect.

Room Tip: Don't count on getting a non-smoking room. I doubt they exist.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank MrBoingo
Reviewed 22 June 2016

I was staying here during a recent conference. The only downside at this place is that the bathroom has a big glass window which separates the room and that could be a problem if you are sharing. But you can pull a curtain for privacy!! Food is a challenge in general for vegetarians in China, but there is a supermarket across the street where you can buy fruits, cereal and milk. Wifi is patchy, but if you carry a LAN cable life will be super easy. Would choose to stay here again if an opportunity comes along.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business