USD 176
USD 92
USD 174
USD 122
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 136/night.

USD 215
USD 108
USD 107
USD 101
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbig roomnanjing streetpudong airportbund areawalking distancechinataximetro
Reviewed 31 July 2015 via mobile

At this moment, I have not yet checked in. In fact, the majority of people have not.

I am here at this hotel for a competition involving around 200 people. We have all booked our rooms in advance, but when arriving, are told that we have to wait for our rooms. When I arrived and asked about checking in, I was told that I had to wait an hour. After that hour, I went to the front desk again, only to be informed that I would have to wait another three hours before even being able to check in.

Considering that we are all here on business and with much to prepare for (as well as the fact that when everyone's rooms were booked, it was guaranteed to be ready by the time we arrived at noon), this is entirely unprofessional.

I would have expected a lot more from a hotel that claims they are at the level of four or five stars.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 June 2015

Clean hotel. Good size rooms. Very helpful staff.

I was surprised that with a western named hotel the restaurant staff were not familiar with "Boiled Egg". The vegetarian selection was VERY poor. All we had was Cereal and fruit. Most meals had eggs in them.

Room Tip: Higher rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2015

Stayed during trade show in china. Average hotel, Breakfast is basic, Rooms are good and they have a choice of pillows which is great. location in a it far most city attractions. Not recommended for people for tourism.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
HOJOCaida, Guest Relations Manager at Howard Johnson Caida Plaza Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2015

Dear customer, thank you for choosing stay in our hotel and given us evaluation, We are looking forward to your visit again.

Reviewed 15 October 2014

Good hotel with all amenities including a decent gym. Breakfast very good and location in a marketplace. The ac works when we sleep but after some time they turn it off I think, so one has to open the windows otherwise it gets warm and stuffy. Beds are good and they have a choice of pillows which is great. There is a coffee maker in the room.
If any Indian tea addict is travelling to China , I suggest you bring your own tea bags and milk sachets as many might not be able to adjust to the tea they serve here.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher levels- less noise
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Varsha_Manohar
Reviewed 20 September 2014

I stayed in this so called '5-star' hotel twice because it's close to the university. In fact, it was very consistent in missing my expectation for a 5 star hotel. The first time I stayed in a suite in 9F, however that room had a very strong smell of mould as well as smoke although I particularly asked for a non-smoking room during booking. The second time I asked receptionist for a non-smoking room again and I was told they do NOT have non-smoking room in this hotel!

Breakfast was very basic. No ham, no cold cut, even no coffee the second time!

Also, they called me before check-in the second time and asking me to come before 6pm otherwise they will cancel my room, which was not acceptable at all. The staff there are very unprofessional, and apparantly they were not trained well.

In summary, this is definitely not a 5 star hotel. Maybe 3 star at most, or less.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled solo