All reviewspeople's squarenanjing roadsmall kitchensofa bedvacuum cleanerfamily mart convenience storewalking distanceserviced dailyseparate bedroompeople's parkper dayfamily roommarriott hotelwashing machinedecent breakfastthe staff speak englishexcellent location
Reviewed 4 June 2018

We were ripped off by a taxi driver. The staff at 130 am were very sympathetic. The staff the following morning followed up and gave us directions to the police station. One of the hotel staff helped with interpreting. After two days we got our money back, because of in no small part because of the caring attitude and dedication of the manager and the front desk. Breakfast was pleasant and balanced, rooms very comfortable. It would be a total pleasure to stay there again. Good location close to museum and park

Room Tip: Our room was just great on the seventh floor
Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Travellingduoabroad
Reviewed 4 June 2018

Excellent situated, beijing east/west road is comparably not heavily trafficked, but a 10min stroll will take you to the people's square and nanjing east road with is the dead center of shanghai.

We had a family apartment for us four (2 adults and 2 young children) and it is just perfect. The apartment has a bedroom with double bed and the living room has a sofa bed for our older one and a crib for the smallest one and still there are space to spare.

The kitchen is together with the hall and has huge space. It has everything except for spices, cleaning equipment (e.g. washing liquid, brush etc) and there is a washed+dryer but no detergent.

The bathroom has a tub and good size, it is not the largest I have been, but well enough.

Everything is top clean, and the room is very quiet as well. Only noise we hear in the evening is AC which is a bit on the noisy side, as it seems to have problem combating the humid air in shanghai. Wifi is complementary and ok speed. It is not possible to download large files, for a search, online shopping or look maps it is adequate.

The breakfast is a bit spartan, not so many choices for each cuisine but it does have both western and chinese. After living there for 7 days, we don't actually miss anything from the breakfast so it is good for us, especially it was included in the price. If not, there are a family mart just 2min walk along with star bucks and more choices for 2 blocks walk towards nanjing east road.

The front desk is very efficient and friendly, but none of our request from the booking and subsequent email was taken care of (like allergies or crib). The elevator is very slow, so prepare for waiting a bit every time. It is possible to buy items online and ship to the hotel and front desk will keep them for you. But you will probably not get any notification so you have to ask.

No taxi queue, so taxies are hailed by front desk or using didi app. Without traffic jam, taxi is about 40 from hongqiao airport/train station 60 to pudong airport and 10min to shanghai train station (few high speed train goes there but mostly slower ones).

No gym nor pool.

Room Tip: We got room just at the elevator and still it as very quiet
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 May 2018

Stayed from 03 - 07 May 2018. It has spacious room and a warm welcome from the robot that delivered 2 free drinks to our room. However, the toilet roll holder has rough surface with poor quality made, which happened to cut my wife's hand while pulling the paper. Furthermore, it does not provide extra toilet paper as there is no house keeping at night. Therefore, no one can help you if you require towels or toiletries. During our first night stay, the toilet bowl was choked and even though we have mentioned to the front desk, it was not settled and we have to use public toilet throughout the night and second day morning, as no one during the night (no house keeping services) can attend to you.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2018

Our family of 4 (2 adults and 2 children) really enjoyed our weeklong stay here. It was our first trip to Shanghai and we found it a great base to explore the city from.

The staff was friendly and spoke better English than I spoke Chinese.

The location was fantastic - just a few blocks from People's Square. It is literally across the street from a marriott.

Our "Family Room" was spotless and had great amenities. We really appreciated the washer/dryer as well as the electronic bidet toilet.

We were pleasantly surprised by how good breakfast was. A good mix of Chinese and western food.

When we return to China, this will be our first choice.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

I traveled to Shanghai by my self and wanted a hotel with a central location. This hotel was spot on. The staff was polite and pleasant and could answer all my questions. Quite fluid i English. I loved my room even though it was facing the street and a big intercection. It really wasn't to much noise. The room was spacious and had a small kitchen with all I needed to make a simple meal. Toiletries smelled nice and had a toothbrush.
My room also had enough socketes, so there was no problem loading my gadgets. Both sides of the bed had USB outlets!
Breakfast was varied and had both lokal and international food. Fresh and enough even when I overslept one day and came very late. I would definitely stay in this hotel if I ever go back to Shanghai.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo