3,121 results
All reviews nanjing road the royal club lounge people's square lobby floor people's park spg member floor to ceiling windows excellent location bund view room junior suite walking street high floor breakfast buffet rain shower chinese restaurant central location modern hotel
Reviewed 14 December 2017

With an ideal location to the side of People’s Park and a short walk from the Bund, Le Royal Meridien is part of the worldwide chain, so my expectations were high. All the usual attributes were there: expansive lobby, comfortable and well-planned rooms, excellent restaurants and bars, great fitness and pool facilities - but something was missing. It began with the finish in the rooms. The paint in the bathroom was flaking, there was a dirty drain, there was only powdered cream for coffee and tea, the AC was a bit noisy. I felt disappointed. Nevertheless, my booking was at a very reasonable price, having done it via SPG’s website. Staff were helpful, as you should expect. The breakfast buffet is immense and very good value, but awfully scattered: different sections were spread over a confusing array of stands across the big restaurant. Would I come back? Yes, but only if the price was right.

Room tip: Ask for Bund view. Usually charged but?? Or go to Jazz Club on 65th. Hotel is 1 Metro line (2) away from Pudong Airport, at People’s Park.
Trip type: Travelled solo
Benjamin Z, General Manager at Le Royal Meridien Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such detailed feedback following your stay with us. This specificity is extremely beneficial for our team in continuing our improvement efforts. We look forward to welcoming you back to Shanghai very soon!

Have a wonderful day,

Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

Location: The hotel is located close to people’s square. Location is good if your business is in that area or if you are thinking of enjoying the pedestrian street or walk to the bund.
Rooms: the rooms are reasonably ample , with enough amenities, and if you stay in one of the upper floors, the view can be great. Bed is comfortable and heating in winter works pretty well.
Amenities: gym is good, swimming pool is standard size (you can properly swim). As many reviewers say, in order to go from the ground floor to the room, you have to switch elevators. I minimized the importance of that fact before choosing the hotel, but frankly, taking two elevators each time it is pretty annoying if you are staying over 2 or 3 days.
Service: unfriendly and poor. That, in addition to the fact that nobody speaks English. It is le Meridien, come on...can’t they hire personnel that speaks English ? There are many examples, the latest one that comes to mind is that I requested the reception personnel to get me a taxi to go to the train station. I carefully explained that I needed to go to the high speed train, that I believed it was near the airport. If they could please communicate that to the taxi driver. Not too complicated. They messed it up not once (they asked the driver to take me to the wrong station) but three times (I called Two times and they weren’t able to give the driver basic directions). The fourth time I spoke with the concierge (it took a while to get hold of him ) and he finally managed to convey the proper instructions. Too much hassle for an international chain. A more basic example: I wanted a paper cup (as they took the only one in my room). I had to repeat 5 times and then spell it, for the receptionist to understand.
Overall, I would recommend the hotel, but bear in mind that you may struggle significantly to properly communicate with the staff. And you’ll have to take twice as many elevators as in other hotels.

Dear Guest,

Warmly greetings. Thanks you so much for your stay with us and so appreciate to your comments on us. We’re pleased you feel satisfied with our location and hotel facilities, very glad you enjoyed during your stay. Please do accept our apologies for some service made you dissatisfied, thank you for your feedback and valued it as an opportunity for us to improve. Your review has been shared to all operation department and we will properly train our associates to provide more delight service to our guests.

We are still looking forward to your stay with us next time, and we strive to better your experience with our service.

Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

There are many new hotels in Shanghai but this hotel which has been around for quite a number of years is still well maintained! The location is great (better if the renovation of the adjacent shopping mall is completed). the service provided by the executive lounge staff is excellent !
Vicky, Kelly ,Natalie , please keep up the good work ! If you are a SPG platinum member the chances of getting an upgrade is good as there are quite a number of junior suites available too....

Dear Valued Guest,

We cannot thank you enough for taking the time to let us know just how much you enjoyed your time with us. Our team works very hard each day to ensure that we exceed the expectations of each of our guests. We will most definitely pass on your comments to them as they will be happy to hear from you. We look forward to your quick return to Shanghai!

Have a wonderful day,

Reviewed 9 December 2017

Stayed here various times over the last 6 years and never disappointing. It's a huge place, but the place is well managed, because the service levels remain high. The lounge was great, the lady managed check-in and check-out efficiently and they helped in every way possible. Nice room upgrade for platinum members. If you would ask me what could be improved, I would have a hard time thinking of anything...

• Trip type: Travelled on business
风麟 茅, General Manager at Le Royal Meridien Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your time with us at Le Royal Méridien Shanghai. We genuinely look forward to feedback from our guests and are always happy to know when you enjoyed your time with us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future!

Until then,

Reviewed 7 December 2017

I am yet to stay in another hotel is Shanghai. Royal Le meridian is just outstanding in many ways and never disappointed in any aspects. With the RMB strengthening, its become slightly more expensive in $ terms, but still good value. The location is just the best. Good rooms, comfortable bed, staff are very helpful. What a spread for breakfast!

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
风麟 茅, General Manager at Le Royal Meridien Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

Until then,