“Could this be one of the best Japanese restaurants anywhere?”

and 1 more site!
Salvo Hotel Shanghai
Ranked #419 of 5,161 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed 17 November 2011

I got introduced to this place by freak chance.

I've eaten a lot of sushi, and a lot of good sushi. But, this little gem has the best salmon sashimi I've had anywhere! The other dishes are good, too, but anytime I am downtown in Shanghai, this place is at the top of my list. Yummy!

Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 14 November 2011

My husband and I visited Shanghai for a week for the first time, and the best decision we made through out this trip was choosing this hotel. The location of this hotel is very convenient to all the famous attractions. Subway station was only 10min walk away, and taxis were alaways available and very cheap. All staffs were very friendly and mostly fluent in English. The breakfast buffet at the hotel was awesome because they have real western style breakfast on top of asian food, only wish they had changed the menu, but can't complain especially we didn't know that we get free breakfast until we got there. Lastly, I can't thank the hotel enough because the hotel saved my life on my last day. I had left my purse in the lobby with my passport and a lot of left over money in it. We turned around the taxi back to the hotel when I realized that my purse was missing which was only 1 minute after we got into the taxi from the hotel. When I walked in, my heart stopped because my purse wansn't there anymore. But one staff said that they have found my purse and keeping it safe. I cound't thank them enough and made my flight back to new york safely. I tried to leave a comment on the hotel website or e-mail them, but they didn't have them availabe on their website. I hope somebody from the hotel is reading this review and getting my Thank You message.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ivy H
Reviewed 8 November 2011

The most important thing i liked about the hotel was its Location.
It is 10 mins walk to famous Nanjing Street (Shopping Area), approx 15 mins walking distance to famour Bund area (Shanghai Water front).
The room was big enough and had a stunning view of the haungpu river filled with lights and buzz.In fact i could see the pearl tower and water front from my bed (Deluxe room with Bund view category). All rooms are with ceiling to floor glass window. Bathroom was clean & big enough with seperate shower area and tub bath.
People around (other guest) were from different parts of the world unlike in other hotels where there are local chinese people.
Rest everything was fine. Staff at the front desk can understand & speak english.They help us to reach any part of shanghai.
Altogether hands up for this hotel.

Negative: A lane accross the hotel, to reach Nanjing street is turn off.

Room Tip: Take a Deluxe suit with bund view higher floors (without any meal or breakfast package for vegetrian...
1  Thank Mitul B
Reviewed 6 November 2011

We stayed in salvo for 4nights in October 2011,and we had a great time.the location of this hotel is superb,it's between the nanging street and the bund.Our room was on the 23rd floor,it was a suite room,the view from the room was fantastic,the pearl tower right in front.the rooms are very clean and the hotel staff is very friendly.There are small shops just near the hotel,where you can get good clothes and shoes and also grocery stores.we loved the massage parlours near the hotel.the property is very well maintained.loved this hotel!!

Room Tip: Higher floors and bund view
1  Thank NIKITINU
Reviewed 3 November 2011

We loved this hotel. Great value for Shanghai. Close to the Westin but in a better location, just off the busy street. It is about 10 minutes walking to East Nanjing shopping street and less than 10 min. walking to the Bund and around 10 to the Old Street. It really was an excellent location.
The hotel it's self is very nice the rooms are nice and quiet. The breakfast is pretty good.
A lot of the people don't speak English at all or very well but they are always trying to help. We were affected by the Quantas strike and Jojo at the front desk was extremely helpful. We would recommend this hotel and would go back.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room and were given on high up on the back side. If you are high up the front s...