“Great Experience”

Book In Advance
More Info
USD 75.00*
and up
Hot Pot Dining Experience with Hot Spring Bathing...
Reviewed 7 December 2016 via mobile

Awesome place. Very similar to a Korean style spa. Great wet area with lots of different pools, even an outside area with rotenburo (big barrels filled with mineral water that you climb in). There are probably 8 or more different types of saunas, all with different temperatures, and an ice room to cool down in. Massages are a little on the pricey side. No English spoken, but easy enough to figure everything out. Highly recommend it if you want to experience a true Asian spa experience.

2  Thank Jasonfsu92

Reviewed 19 July 2016

On my first visit, I appreciated the multiple hot tubs with different bath waters. In the women's bath house, there was an auditorium like sauna with a television inside. This room was not as hot as it could be. The bath salts room for scrubbing dead skin off was a new room I haven't seen before. Instructions are written in multiple languages and that was good.

The community room where both genders are clothed is quite large and there are many places to rest, but not much to do. The restaurant food is over priced and could improve.

This place is not the best value if you are looking for a clean and well managed bath house.

1  Thank loki4yhwh
Reviewed 22 March 2016

The bathhouse was fantastic! Wished my friend and I could have stayed longer. The feel of the place was phenomenal!!! If the price (128rmb) was slightly cheaper I'd definitely come more often to relax. The atmosphere is welcoming and bright with friendly staff ready to assist you. Also, we stayed during lunch, so we visited the restaurant, which served great (albeit somewhat pricey) food. Looking forward to my next visit!

2  Thank Brandon T
Reviewed 20 September 2015

It's just a short visit in Shanghai for me and my friend, after Wuxi and before Beijing. As we already visited Shanghai few times and already visited almost all the Tourist Attractions, so we are looking for a new experience / things to do this time. We found this place in Trip Advisor, and after reading the good reviews, we decided to give it a try.

We used Baidu map to locate the place, and used buses to come here, pretty easy to find it as it's a very big building located in the side of a big road. The complex are huge, very modern and clean, Japanese style, the staffs are so friendly, and there's a guy speaks good English. Entrance is RMB 128/adult. We need to put our shoes in a locker, and changed into a traditional clothes, then went inside the same sex bathrooms. They have various baths with various temperature which you could try. There's also a steam room, massage / scrubbing room, shower room, toilets, and make up room. At first I felt quite awkward to see so many people naked. It's my first time to come at this kind of hot spring spa. But after few minutes and few baths, I don't care any more. Because it's so comfortable! I only spent total of 1.5hrs here as I couldn't really stand the heat. Then I went upstairs.

In the 2nd floor there's a huge food court with restaurants (the food is delicious, a little bit expensive), children playground, common room, and saunas. In the 3rd floor, there's a massage room also a bigger common room. In the 4th floor, it's VIP rooms. Too bad we don't have much time, otherwise we would love to try the sauna / massage or just spent longer time in the common room, so cozy.

Overall, it was a very nice experience and money well spent. Can't wait to go there again if we visit Shanghai again soon!! XD

6  Thank Jess_sutanto88
See more reviews
Reviewed 22 August 2015

When searching the web for WHAT TO DO IN SHANGHAI, a visit to a bathhouse was recommended, which I decided to do because the Gokurakuyu Bathhouse was nearby my hotel. My expectation was to see mostly old Chinese men and perhaps a few Westerns (like me) wanting to experience something of the Chinese culture. I was very wrong in my expectation...I was the only Westerner and also one of a handful (maybe five) men over 50. Most visitors to the bath section were young guys. It also did not seem to be a real "cultural" thing in China, but rather social time with family and/ or friends. The facility is modern and large, I spent most of the time in the bath section and just went to quickly check out the rest of the facility. There are several warm baths /pools/ tubs and one cold pool as well as a big sauna (like a theater with a TV), steam room, massage/ scrubbing room, showers and an area with small stools, vanities and hand showers where you can wash and shave (complimentary shavers and cream). Close to the entrance of the bath section are basins with complimentary toothbrushes and tooth paste. I tried to experience everything and also moved from the warm baths/ tubs/ pools to the cold pool several times as well as I had a scrub. I paid 128 Yuan entry fee plus around 40 Yuan for the scrub. This was money well spent. I felt so relaxed after the visit and I had such a good night sleep that evening.

2  Thank ashton o