See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 July 2016

Location:
Used this hotel as part of a much larger group of about 35+ the good thing about this hotel is that its located 2 mins walk from Jiashan station which makes it easy to commute. its located about ten minutes walk in the opposite from a shopping mall which has a lot of non-traditional (i.e western) restaurants.

Food.
Managed one breakfast on arrival from the hotel, which I wasn't too fond off, but the selection of foods was decent. The remainder of the trip I had a coffee and muffin from the starbucks. see above for local restaurants^^^

Price:
n/a as this was booked for a large group. though i think better value could have been obtained elsewhere

Rooms:
nothing too special, the bathroom had a slight damp smell.

Service:
front dest had no english speaking staff, so you might want to top up on some basic manadarin. the starbucks employees understood some basic level english.
laundry service is really good.
excellent wifi

overall:
3/5*
decent.
if you really have to scrimp on your budget, then yes. If not, you're better spending a lil extra elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 June 2016 via mobile

We choose the hotel because it has halal restaurant on 4th floor.the food was good.our kids love it.there is only oriental chinese tea making facilities in the room.luckily there is a starbucks coffee shop at the lobby for those love coffee. not much to see around the hotel.there is a nearby metro station.however since we were with 3 little kids,we took the taxi.the kids love the trip.we definitely would go there again.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank noramohamad
Reviewed 17 December 2014

Upon arriving to our 'superior' double room, we were greeted by a note informing us that refurbishing works were taking place on the floor below. The noise was deafening and we asked to move rooms, however the manager at reception said there were no more double rooms available (despite this 'double' bed being two singles pushed together).
We agreed to move to a twin room lower down, to attempt to escape the unbearable noise, but to no avail. We were awoken to the sound of heavy drilling and hammering.
A very frustrating twist to our otherwise trip to Shanghai. In addition, the service was fairly poor.

• Stayed: December 2014
1  Thank Chris T
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Hotel was located in front of Exit Gate No- 2 Jiashan Road Subway Station
At CNY 398/night I found it be too expensive in comparison to location of the Hotel which is away from City Center
Muslim Restaurant served Chinese Halal food only not much choice for Indians
I will suggest to book a hotel at Bund near Indian Restaurants and Eat Vegetarian North Indian Food than going for Halal Chinese Food
Will not suggest this Hotel to All Muslim Brothers who are looking to book it for the purpose of Halal Food.

Room Tip: Higher Floor
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Mohammad_Abrar
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I stayed at this hotel because I had business to do in the area. It is in a good location, 2 min walk to Jiashan Rd station on the subway line 9, or 6-7 min walk in the other direction to Dapuqiao station, where there is also a great shopping center. Also, 3 stops from Xujiahui station, or a 15 min taxi ride to People's Square. There is a Tesco store a 2 min walk away, a Starbucks right in the lobby and a Costa Coffee across the street.

It's not a new place but it's relatively well-maintained. I had a big Business room type with everything I needed, including good heating, a great queen-size bed and plenty of hot water in the bathroom. Internet worked ok. I also had a nice view of (smoggy) Shanghai from the 15th floor window. The Reception staff speak ok English and are helpful and attentive. I actually needed help in unlocking a suitcase, because I had lost the key, and they sent someone up to help in 5 minutes. Try that in any other 3-4 star place!

The only thing I didn't enjoy is that the hotel is frequented by Chinese tourists and on a Saturday I was there, there was a wedding. Bad news! Guests were behaving like they were in their own private garden, talking loudly outside their rooms by the elevators, making noises (inside and outside their rooms) all night till about 2-3 am and then starting again at 8-9 am. Tip: if you're going to stay at any mid to high priced Chinese hotel over a weekend, ask if there'll be any functions going on.

Room Tip: The Standard rooms are small, the Business rooms are three times the size! Ask for high floor as there is noisy traffic right outside.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business