All reviews near the train station fresh paint smell layover hotel an early flight convenient hotel an overnight stay high speed train international channels bullet train comfortable bed quick check hotel entrance easy access location was perfect deluxe room train tickets business traveler
Reviewed 13 December 2017

Similar to other reviews, room on 11th floor was like a sauna. Asked staff about temperature on the second day what could be done, but was told air conditioning system is off as it is winter. After a terrible second nights sleep, I pushed for a resolution on the final day as the room temperature was 27 deg C. Told to open windows to let room cool, but I was not happy to do this as my room overlooks the airport - I did not want fumes in my room. They suggested a fan to blow cooler air from the corridor into my room - I was happy with this is long as they didn't leave my room unattended. I went back to my room to find the windows open and temperature still 26 deg C. After midnight, I phoned for help again - they offered ice. I insisted on a different room and moved to a room with air con switched off and a temperature of 21 deg C. The air con actually warms the room up, so if room is OK, do not switch the air con on during the winter.
Breakfast on 11th floor was excellent. The restaurant on 2nd floor served a cold steak, and then zapped it in the microwave, but fries still cold. By the time hot fries arrived, steak again cold. Refused to pay for this. Chinese restaurant on 3rd floor excellent, although didn't have quite a few items on the menu. If the room was OK, would have given a 3 or 4, but the room temperature ruined this stay.

Room Tip: If your room is too hot, complain immediately for a different room, and leave the air conditioning switched off.
Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 November 2017

We arrived late at night and got a room with only about 1 foot of space on each side of the bed, plus a tiny "bathroom"--separate small sink and toilet. We were misdirected by the first few airport people we asked about the location; when we finally found the front desk, the place seemed about to shut down, and service was slow. We survived one night with an early flight out; I would not stay here otherwise.

Room Tip: Pay extra and get a suite if you must stay here.
Reviewed 9 November 2017

This hotel is located right at the airport. You don't even have to go outdoor to get to the security check area if your plane departs from Terminal 2. For Terminal 1, it is a short subway ride of 1 stop, but it is a 15 minute walk from the subway station to the security check area of Terminal 1. So it is not as convenient if you have heavy luggage. Otherwise the rooms are clean, the breakfast is good, and the staff is professional and courteous. A room not facing the runway is considerably quieter. If you have time for dinner after checking in, try Hongqiao Tien Di, the newly developed shopping area offering all kinds of cuisine of varying price ranges. For Eastern and Western fast food, stick with connector between the airport and the high-speed rail station.

Room Tip: room not facing the runway of the airport
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Chun-Wai C
Reviewed 5 November 2017

Room was clean, quiet and compact. Nevertheless, they have all the basic we need for an overnight stay. Front desk service was efficient and helpful. They offered to help us get our train tickets for the following day at late evening hours, at a minimal fee. We felt ok to pay that bit of extra since we were pretty tired after the flight. We did not experience any noise in the night. Sleep quality was good. Location was perfect and we can find food easily at the train station.

We would certainly recommend this hotel if you have plan to stay near the train station.

Reviewed 28 October 2017

The double room at this hotel is so small you can hardly walk around the bed. It was quiet and right in the airport. We arrived on a late train and didn't want to go far so we stayed here. It was a bit difficult to find because the airport and train stations are so large. We were surprised by the square toilet.

1  Thank Squirrelly975