All reviewsnanjing roadpeople's squarehotel lobby isswimming capwalking distancemetro stationchinese stylelarge roomnon smokingmarblegympedestriantaxisdoormanlinestarbucks
Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

Located right on the tourist street of Shanghai, very convenient and can walk straight to The Bund.
The room was quiet and we enjoyed the stay.
A short stroll to People’s Square and there are plenty of great places to eat in the smaller streets

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2018

Although everything about the hotel itself is great the restaurant was not operating unless there was a conference in it. The lifts advertised 3 eating places in the hotel building but all were unavailable during my week there. That also meant that the hot snacks were unavailable from the foyer bar because they were prepared in the restaurants when and if they were open. No matter as there were plenty of good quality nearby eateries in Shanghai CBD.

Stayed: May 2018
Reviewed 11 June 2018

Very suitable and quiet rooms - barley heard a noise during my two day stay. Located in a busy area of Shanghai with many restaurants and shops in walking distance. Careful of the hucksters on the street, they'll swarm you like flies as soon as you exit the hotel. The hotel missed a few details such as no ironing board and iron, not enough toilet paper and the didn't replenish the instant coffee. Overall a decent experience. Front desk staff seemed aloof.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

I had stayed at the hotel for six nights.This is the worst hotel service I have came across in my life.I arrived by a taxi and to my surprise the hotel staff never ever care to help me and my wife to get the lugauge from the car.I have to get down all the lugauge and carry it with me to the front desk.The bell boys were standing and watching but never came for the help.At the check in the room was not ready we have to wait the person who checked us in at the front desk was very arrogant and said you have to wait.
Next day we called the house keeping for sending a knife to cut the fruits and the guy came with butter knife and arrogantly said we this knifed only.Even water was not supplied daily in the room if asked they used to charged 5 yuan .They took deposit from me and when Checking out was asking to pay the bill without adjusting the same from deposit ,when I insisted they agreed and said the excess deposit amount will be credited in my credit card account 3 to 4 working days but till today they have not refunded it.The fraud and Cheater management.Please don't stay at this hotel though the location is best,try find other at same location.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

We arrived very tired after a gruelling 2 days. Reception was smooth. Room was not prepared correctly or checked by supervisor. No tea or coffee. No wi fi instruction note. Airconditioning system broken and took 30 minutes & 3 men to fix. Even artwork on walls was at crooked angles. Called for Assistant Manager but he knew nothing about how the room should be prepared. When tea bags finally arrived we had no milk. We tried asking for milk and even showed internet images of milk bottles and glasses of milk but she said they didn't have any.

A later request for an extra pillow saw another housekeeper come when I was on my phone. She could not understand English. Even when I pointed at the pillow and indicated one please she had to ring for help. I took the room phone and said I wanted a pillow and returned to my phone call only for the housekeeper to tap me on the arm and say "Shh!!" ie. Don't talk whilst I am talking!! Incredible.

5 star hotel with very poor training of their staff. Stay elsewhere is my advice.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends