All reviewsnanjing roadtallest buildingwax museumpeople's squareart decoin room wifisubway stationwalking distancedouble bedrooms are niceasiacombtaxislippersdistrictexit
Reviewed 22 June 2018

I went for a massage at the Park hotel. The male masseuse tried many times and without my consent to give me a "happy ending". He touched me very inappropriately several times, even after I told him to stop. Women should be warned and stay away from this place.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Aude F
Reviewed 6 May 2018

The location is great. There's a lot of history in this building, but it could do with a few amenity upgrades, e.g. walk-in showers. Great front desk service and good housekeeping. Located in People's Square District. 2 min. walk to Mme. Tussaud's Wax Museum and much shopping.

Room Tip: Make sure you choose one with a view. All I got was the outside of another building.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 April 2018

I visit Shanghai 2 - 3 times a year. This time I decided to change my usual Hotel accommodation to Park Hotel (My usual Hotel accommodation is also on Nanjing Road).
I must say that nothing beats the location & convenience of Park Hotel. Just across the street from People's Square Station Exit 8. The name 'Park Hotel' is even highlighted under the Exit 8 sign board in People's Square station. The places I usually like to go drinking & eating in the evenings is Yuan's Bingo Bar, Irish Pub & Oh Bar when I have no appointments, which are walking distances from this Hotel.
I had a seminar at Marriott City Center, which is also located very close-by 3-4 mins walking.
The front Desk Staff, Hotel Concierge & Front Door Man are all very helpful & courteous, better than some of the places I have stayed before. The 1 improvement they must do is to put a ramp as soon as you enter the hotel because of the 3 steps you need to climb, which can be a little inconvenient if one is carrying a heavy suitcase, but the door man immediately took the suitcase from my hand and carried it up to the front desk for me.
The rooms are nice.....pretty standard for Shanghai rooms. The toilet has heated seats with water jets. Bed is nice, soft & comfy. Some channels on the TV are clear while some are not clear. Also, TV needs to be in the center and not corner of room, as it was in my case. Room has nice modern amenities, shampoo, shower cap, shower gel, lotion, complimentary shoe shine service, gown, slippers, comb, razor, cotton buds, umbrella, emergency torch, etc, etc.
If you call front desk or house keeping, the reply is prompt & very positive with the staff
fluent in English. The cost per night is also affordable & not expensive compared to other surrounding accommodations. I did not eat breakfast, nor go to the Hotel Bar this trip.
I recommend this Hotel to other visitors & travelers who visit Shanghai for both Business or pleasure, solo or Family as I will stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: High Floor which is quiet With Good View.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 April 2018

Here's my two cents of my experience with Sandalwood Hotel:-
About the hotel
1. Historical, traditional, feels like back in 60s'. Pleasant old porter, good receptionist, fast check-in/out ...
2. Great breakfast!
3. The room just feel like back in time, very old style, nonetheless, clean and very spacious!
4. City view is GREAT!

Area of improvement:-
1. Some cigarette smell at the hallway.
2. The carpet inside the room maybe a bit oldish ...
3. The armchair inside the room maybe a bit oldish ...
4. May consider providing welcome drink.
5. May consider playing some music in lobby area, so pity that a piano is sitting there for display, it is a historical place after all, isn't it?

Hotel location and surrounding
1. Fantastic, Wow location!
2. Located nearly to everything!

Room Tip: The higher it is, the better the view
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 March 2018

If New York had the iconic The Plaza Hotel, Shanghai’s icon would no doubt be The Park Hotel, an art deco historical building that sits right in the centre of Nanjing Road. Overlooking what is now the People’s Park, it was once the tallest building in Asia and remained the tallest in Shanghai until the 80s before the rapid mordernisation of the rest of the city. The building actually served as the point 0 is Shanghai’s original mapping survey, making the hotel the centre of Shanghai.
Walk past the side of the Park Hotel and chances are, there’s a long lined formed outside it’s deli. I had no idea what the line was about and decided to take a peak inside. The aroma of baked goodies filled the air and those people were lining up for a taste of their butterfly crackers. Supposedly an institution. Oh well, if you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends