All reviews cathay garden grosvenor house french concession richard nixon shanghai moon french district classic hotel breakfast buffet art deco stayed here for two nights chinese hotels china tour excellent location the air conditioning business trip rooms are large mini bar
Reviewed 23 September 2012

I stayed in this hotel twice in last 3 months
The stay first time was so satisfying, I decided to go back there in my nrext trip
There are different hotels in the same compound, all under the common group JIN JIANG & I stayed in one called CATHAY GARDEN HOTEL
This hotel has historical back ground.
The hotel is old, started in 1959 & hotel has been used by visiting state dignitories & heads of states
There are a number of photographs displayed in the lobby , heads of states like Richard Nixon, Ronald Reagan & Mr. Putin to name a few

The rooms are spacious, clean & food satisfying
To add to this there is an Indian restaurant functioning in the hotel called TANDOOR

Only disappointment
Internet is charged flat 90 RMB per day . In the days of business travel, hotel management deciding to levy such high charge is very very disappointing

Anothe disappointment I had, among all the dignitaries who have visited & stayed in the hotel I could not find an Indian.
Overall very very satisfied, friendly staff,
all english speaking ( a big blessing for those visiting China !!!)

Room tip: Rooms with Garden view
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank hariharanchennai
Reviewed 9 September 2012

We stay in south building for 4 nights, old time feeling, grand piano in lobby every afternoon a girl playing there. Very good service. Shower has problem, we called, they come fixed very quickly.
Checkout take less one min, we stay in moller villa for 2 night it was a nightmare. In this neighborhood we strong recommend Jin jing hotel.

Room tip: A good stay.
Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2012

We spent our first two nights in Shanghai at this hotel. Other reviews have done a great job reviewing the property - we enjoyed our stay and thought the buffet breakfast served each morning was excellent and provided many other options besides Chinese food choices.

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank teach659
Reviewed 7 September 2012

This hotel complex is very good, with comfortable, well-equipped rooms and excellent public spaces. Breakfast was excellent with a wide range of Chinese and Western options.

Location is excellent - just off Huahai Road, one of the main designer shopping streets in Shanghai.

Only niggle is that there is no free wi-fi anywhere in the hotel - it costs 90 Yuan for 24 hours. In a hotel of this quality it should be offered free of charge at least in the lobby.

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Stayed two nights as part of a group. As has already been said, the hotel consists of several buildings, all in attractive art deco styles 1930s and surrounding lawns and gardens. The lobby of the building I was in was grandiose, evoking the period. My room was comfortable with good views over Shanghai. Complimentary bottled water was provided along with other usual commodities one would find in a hotel of this standard. The bed and linens were excellent. The breakfast room was expansive and welcoming with a large choice and range of dishes to attract all tastes - both eastern and western. Shanghai is an enormously confusing city and I don't think I could have managed to get around if it wasn't for my tour group. I walked to the subway station, which took only a few minutes and this is only 4/5 stops to the Pudong district, across the river. A very pleasant hotel in a smart area of this city.

Date of stay: May 2012