“Visit Susie at shop 1051”
Review of Tianshan Tea City

Tianshan Tea City
Ranked #4 of 526 Shopping in Shanghai
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

We had a terrific experience with Susie. She was very generous with her time, explained about each of the teas we were interested in, and let us sample whatever we wanted. It’s easy to see that she is passionate about tea! Hers is the only shop we went to. She isn’t pushy, and I felt we got a terrific deal on the teas we bought. And, the tea is packaged so nicely. So glad we went to Susie’s shop! She also speaks English fluently. She said she often gets American and Australian customers.

She directed us upstairs so that we could buy a tea set. We found a lovely set for less than $50.

Tianshan Tea City is about a 15 minute walk from the metro station. I did get quite frustrated at one point finding it because my google maps decided to convert to Chinese characters, so it was hard for me to follow. Luckily, my husband is much more patient than I am, and he figured it out.

Happy tea shopping!

"master"
"china"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed 27 March 2018

I had the chance to visit Sara's shop twice. It's located in room 3307.

The first time, I was out shopping for tea. I recommand her place to anyone who would like to try chinese tea while not knowing a lot about it: with her you can't go wrong. She makes you try any tea you're interested in, delivers great advice and her excellent tastes show in her merchandise.
I came back a few days later to take a tea ceremony training course with her. I was not disappointed; Sarah is very generous with her knowledge and her time. It was one of my favorite moments of my stay in Shanghai; it was instructive, beautiful, and Sara is the kind of person it's really a pleasure to chat with.

Weither you're a tea connoisseur or just curious, you'll have a great time and Sara will make sure you find what you're looking for.

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

Tianshan tea city is a big place with almost 300 stores. If you need a place where you could find good quality, good price and someone that’s speak English go to Suzie’s place (shop 1051). She takes time to explain and to find out what kind of tea you would prefer according to your tastes.

Date of experience: November 2017
Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

The Tianshan tea market looks more like a place for wholesalers but private customers are very welcome as well. The selection of tea is tremendous and if you are not an tea expert you probably might get overwhelmed. Just follow your senses and don't miss a tasting. Staff is very friendly and happy to prepare different flavors for you. Enjoy the ceremony and learn about the Chinese style how to brew the different teas. Very pleasant experience. We were not sure if to bargain the price. We felt that this is not a hard seller market place as elsewhere. We were asked for the "price which we feel in our heart". So, check out what your heart tells you.

Date of experience: December 2017