Review Highlights
Fantastic Tea Experience

Other reviewers are right about where to go if you speak English (Sara, Room 2133). The booth was... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
reese43
USA
Great tea party, very professional tea maker.

I have been in this shop for several times. I don’t know whether I am there for the tea or just for... read more

Reviewed 5 October 2018

from USD 56.00
More Info
from USD 18.00
More Info
All reviews shop owners floor room no pressure to buy quality steak white tuna two hours susie jasmine vendors knowledge expert oolong equipment wholesale chinese master china
Reviewed 29 April 2014

If you are a Tea Lover or just willing to learn about the different teas, this is the right place to go.

I had very limited time (came past 7 pm) so no chance to shop around except a small part of the 1st floor. Caution is that few shops speak english but those that i went in tried the translation appli on their phone. I ended up in Shop # 1051 ran by a husband and wife. The wife speaks very good english and (learning japanese as well). They were very helpful to the point that they guided me to the quickest route back to my hotel.

Tea prices are quite reasonable, especially compared to the tea house that we visited on sunday (1/3 of the going price there). Since i came in spring, I ended up buying one of their pricier "Shin Cha" called Anji White Tea (@70/50 g) but this was definitely worth it considering the taste. I also got reasonably priced jasmine pearl tea (@20/50g) and Tie Kuan Yin Oolong Tea (@20/50g) as well. She even agreed to try a few blends with me as the jasmine pearl was too strong as it is. We loved blending it with the Anji White Tea . . . perfect balance of scent and taste.

I'll definitely be back. Next time i'll visit the shops with the tea implements and other goods as well.

Date of experience: April 2014
5  Thank Elara S
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We visited Tianshan Tea Market yesterday and had a wonderful time. Store owners will invite you inside to sample their teas (the two shops we sampled from did not pressure us to buy at all. They encouraged us to continue trying and had no problems when we left). It is a bit far from the city but we had a great time and recommend a visit here! I recommend buying tea from Susie in stall #1051 (speaks English, very patient, well educated, had the best prices in the market hands down) and buying tea sets, pots, etc. from Lohao on the second floor (excellent prices, beautiful tea sets with all the accessories).

Date of experience: March 2014
4  Thank ejpl
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I was quite surprised when I arrived there. It is not a very turistic place, but very traditional chinese place, which i really appreceated. At the begining i was feelinga bit lost since there are so many nice shops and so many variaties of teas, that it is difficult to choose, but after a good look it is easy to identify some of the best. I went to Tiayani shop. I got the opportunity to try different types of tea in a very friendly way, without any pressure to buy. Here shopping is done with time and appreciating every moment of it.
It was a unic experience to have the tea served by experts in the traditional chinese way and very friendly. At last and not the least i bought fantastic tea half the price I ususally pay. They do not have credir cards, and the ATM machine close by does not work with European credit cards.
Terefore bring some money with you, because you can get really lost with all that fantastic tea at such good prices

Date of experience: February 2014
1  Thank Nuno_Moura
Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

A great place to visit. We ventured in looking for cheap tea sets and tea. We were expecting the typical tourist trap but were surprised to find great shop owners who invited you in to sample their tea and teach about what makes each tea special. Tea sets are reasonable priced, carrying both porcelain and iron sets. We saw the same tea sets at other place for 2x the price. We then went to see nancy on the 2nd floor about tea. We were surprised she invited us in to sample her teas and educate us. Her prices are reasonable priced too. We got Lan Chang tea #0081 black tea cake for $70 RMB when other places were selling at double the price. Overall great experience. I would recommend to any tea lover.

PS: the 2nd floor has the better values. And only take cash or union pay credit cards.

Date of experience: January 2014
3  Thank Eagle23wr
Reviewed 24 November 2013

If you love Chinese tea, then you will love this place. This is not just some place made for tourists. Owners here like to spend time in educating you about different types of Chinese teas. You can taste as many varieties of tea as you like before you decide to buy. You receive help i trying to figure out which tea suites your tastes and budget best. It has about 150 odd shops. The prices are excellent too. You can get tea here at 50% of rates at other usual touristy places.

Date of experience: November 2013