USD 154
USD 119
USD 174
USD 122
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 136/night.

USD 239
USD 108
USD 121
USD 101
  • Restaurant
All reviewshuangpu riverred zenbreakfast spread was very goodmercedes benz arenaa small shopping centernice hotelshower stallexecutive loungethe closest subway stationprevious hotelcommand of englishgreat loungeservice deskjapanese fooda recent business triptop floormodern equipment
Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

This was my first stay here so I was wondering how it will be. Checking was easy and the first appearance was good. I got help with my luggage so after a 10 hours flight a nice start.
The room was spacious and clean. Also the bath nice and clean.
Breakfast is good, but I had seen more choice in other 5* hotels here in Shanghai.
The only negative point I have is that my room was right behind the elevators. So I heard the elevators the whole night. Next time I will ask for a room away from the elevators.
Other than that no complaints!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Carol Z, General Manager at Shanghai Marriott Hotel Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

Dear JuergenB70,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your recent stay here at the Shanghai Marriott Hotel Riverside. We are delighted that your stay with the Shanghai Marriott Hotel Riverside was enjoyable, and good as you mentioned. Please accept my apologize that the breakfast was not up to your expectation, we had plans to enlarge or selection after April 10th , following your comments we will forward this implementation to earlier now.

My team and I are at all times here to provide you with our best service and hospitality making a stay at the Shanghai Marriott Hotel Riverside each time brilliant, we are looking forward welcoming you back, to be again a great host.

With my best regards,

Reviewed 20 March 2018

I stayed here for 12 nights on a recent business trip. I was booked into the Executive rooms with access to the lounge. It was definitely worth it. I enjoyed a lovely breakfast with breathtaking views in the morning. Good quality coffee as well. The evenings that we did not go out, I enjoyed a drink and meal in the lounge as part of the executive package. The food was more that adequate for me - salad, soup, bread and a buffet with a few hot items such as salmon, chicken, lamb chop, steak etc - it varied. The cold buffet had a small selection of sushi, cold meats, cheese etc. Nice deserts as well. Linda Zhang, the Executive lounge manager was excellent! The rest of the staff in the lounge were lovely and tried so hard to keep everyone happy.

My room was spacious and clean with a lovely view of the river. Big bathroom with shower and bath. Nice coffee machine and kettle in the rooms. Good quality hairdryer. Quite a good gym with modern equipment. Big swimming pool (but I did not swim). Easy to get a taxi from the hotel in the mornings with the help of the concierge desk. Just keep a card wit the name of the hotel with you to ensure you make your way back as very few taxi drivers understood English.

The hotel is part of a small shopping center with a good convenience store. The metro is about a 15 minute walk from the hotel. Not a bad walk. The only reason I am hesitant to give them a 5 is probably the few misunderstandings caused by the lack of English from some of the staff. That being said, I will stay there again.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 27th floor - executive room
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Awesome staff, great location and value for Full Service Marriott in outskirts of CBD....Great Lounge with great views and team that goes over and beyond to extend service (special recognition to June and Linda)

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Carol Z, General Manager at Shanghai Marriott Hotel Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Dear 912SamG,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your recent stay at our Hotel. We are delighted that your stay with the Shanghai Marriott Hotel Riverside was enjoyable. Yes the view from our Executive Lounge is really special many Guests have commented on this. I also would like to thank you for the kind comments on June and Linda and the great job both Ladies do every day rest assured I will pass your comments on.

With my best regards,

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

Good - Spacious and clean room with a luxurious bathroom. Well equipped gym and a large indoor swimming pool. Very good, and in some cases excellent customer service. I was particularly impressive by Vimo in La Bistro, as he was particularly kind and patient to my lively two year old son.

Bad - Inconsistencies in customer service. After three days of using the pool with my family I was informed that I could no longer swim without a swimming cap. This is an unusual request for me given the fact that my head is shaved! I understand the reasons for the stipulation based upon hygiene, but find the inconsistencies unprofessional. Most galling was the attitude of two staff members who pretended not to have the previously allowed me to swim without a cap! I don’t expect to be “ghosted” by staff in a Marriott hotel.

Similarly, it was galling to be turned away from the Red Zen restaurant shortly after 9pm when the guestbook says that the facility is open until 9:30pm. It may be a holiday season, and some staff may wish to knock off early but one still expects a lot more from a top of the range hotel.

Ugly - Whilst touring is domain the hotel manager came into the bistro where my wife, baby son and I were having a late lunch. In contrast to his friendly staff the manager completely ignored us and looked right through us. His pompous attitude and disregard for his guests was shocking. A simple smile and nod of the head would have at least acknowledged our existence but unfortunately he chose instead to totally ignore us!

Such incidents have served to spoil an otherwise very pleasant trip to the wonderful city of Shanghai.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Carol Z, General Manager at Shanghai Marriott Hotel Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2018

Dear Adrian S,

Thank you for having selected the Shanghai Marriott Hotel Riverside for your recent stay in Shanghai.

My team and I are here to provide each of our guest with our best possible services, I have noticed form your feedback that you experienced some problems and I would like to take the opportunity to apologize for the shortcomings you had mention, not providing the desired service level expectation is not the Marriott way and certainly not our way either, I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the handling in regards to the wearing of a cap while swimming, in general we ask every gust to wear a cap regardless if Hotel Guest or Health Club Member. I will talk to the concerned Manager to have this communicated to all associates assigned at the Health Club. The same will be addressed to the Restaurant Manager of the Red Zen our Japanese Restaurant in regards to opening time

You also mention that you were not greeted and ignored by the Manager of the Hotel, not sure with Manager you are referring too, but I can assure you that all Managers of the Hotel have the best intention and respect trough wards all our Guests my apologize in behave of the entire management of the Hotel.

Dear Adrian S thank you for having spent your time at our hotel and I hope that besides the issues you did experienced you still will give us a change in future to stay with us again should travel bring you back to Shanghai, your feedback will help us to improve our hotel and services in the meantime.

With my best regards from Shanghai,

Reviewed 11 February 2018

This comment is on the arrogant and dishonest attitude of the girl named Sara in the Java+ which is on the first floor.
I called and asked to reserve a cake as usual.Sara,the one who picked up the phone, rudely refused. I really couldn't understand why. Reserving a cake via phone is quite ordinary here in Shanghai in many 5-star hotels, including Marriott. After I mentioned that it's very common to do this, she hypocritically agreed but then hung up my phone directly without asking for my contact info! More shockingly, when I called back to ask why she hung up since I hadn't finishing talking, she denied and said I hung up her phone! ok, I know your talking is not recorded, you can say whatever you want to say!
Speechless! This is Marriott service?
I'm a SPG and Marriott Platinum member, so normally we prefer SPG or Marriott hotel when traveling. We booked this hotel several times before for our friends visiting Shanghai, but from now on, will never recommend.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Carol Z, General Manager at Shanghai Marriott Hotel Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2018

Dear ghbzn,

My team and I are here to provide each of our guest with our best possible services, I have noticed form your feedback that you experienced some problems and I would like to take the opportunity to apologize for the shortcomings you had mention, not providing the desired service level expectation is not the Marriott way and certainly not our way either, I am myself very disappointed in the obviously very bad behavior of this particular associate, correct action will be taken.

Dear ghbzn thank you for having spent your time at our hotel and I hope that besides the issues you did experienced you still will give us a change in future to stay with us again should travel bring you back to Shanghai, your feedback will help us to improve our hotel and services in the meantime.

With my best regards from Shanghai,