All reviews the executive lounge park view great hotel corner room the general manager shopping mall breakfast staff stayed here for a week breakfast and dinner indoor pool business trip special thanks japanese restaurant top floor rooms are big breakfast spread noodles
Reviewed 1 September 2018

I checked into this hotel after a redeye flight from Singapore. They allowed me to check in at about 8:30am (about 7 hours early), and upgraded me to a deluxe room on the 30th floor with a park view.

The rooms are meticulously designed to give off a luxurious and comfortable sensation. The shades are remotely opened and closed. The bathroom has a bath that overlooks the park, and the shower is a ceiling shower spout with the option to switch to a portable shower head.

The executive lounge on was attached through a set of stairs near my room. Here, the staff is attentive and aim to please. Each morning I was cooked eggs to order, and tea was made. There is also a specialty breakfast that is different each day of the week. Additionally there is a continental style offering of breads and muffins among other options. At night, free beer and wine is offered.

Finally, the concierge and front desk staff members were nothing but friendly and helpful despite my limited mandarin language abilities. It is an escape within the city, located adjacent to Changing park (which has an aquarium, pedal boats, a bar, scenic pathways, and some fair style rides) and the Joy City Mall (a cute indoor-outdoor mall to walk around, but not limited shopping options).

Overall, this hotel allowed me to become more acclimated to my four months of studying in China. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to have a comfortable stay in the Putuo district!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 3015, and it was amazing! Get a park view for sure, the higher the room the better.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
LetitiaLi, Sales & e-commerce Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Shanghai Changfeng Park, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

Dear nateforker,

Thank you for staying at JW Marriott Hotel Shanghai Changfeng Park, and taking your precious time sharing us your experience here.

Knowing your stay was an enjoyable one give me great pleasure. We are proud of our team and surly we will deliver your kind compliments related department for us to keep high-level service standard to embrace every each guest.

JW Marriott Hotel Shanghai Changfeng Park is located at Changfeng commercial district with convenient public transportation around and modern facilities which is a better choice for your business trip or city travel.

Really appreciate your coming back in the near future.

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

I stayed for 3 nights and the rooms are great - spacious and clean. Pillows are far too soft though and I didn't find a pillow menu. Great bathroom.

Breakfast at the café needs improvement. Chairs were dirty with food on it. Milk on the table for coffee/tea has been left on the table for far too long and even started to curdle. Staff didn't seem to care that many of the tables were not cleared. Food variety is so so in comparison to same the brand hotel in other locations in Shanghai.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
LetitiaLi, Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Shanghai Changfeng Park, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your kind words about your stay at our hotel just recently. We pay high attention to your constructive comments and it will be shared with our relative team.

I have discussed your feedback with the department heads concerned, to look into the depth of the issue and take the corrective measures. At the same time, enhance the training of the team members for overall improvement. We hope we could have the opportunity at your service again so that we could provide you with our promised service and I am confident that you would find the progress.

We value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you in the not too distant future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 17 August 2018

I loved my recent stay at the JW Marriott Hotel Shanghai Changfeng Park!
The initial room was near an elevator and so I asked to be moved after one night. The second room was on the lounge floor and it was so much nicer! The room was more spacious and seemed much ‘newer’ with all the latest ergonomic features, including a new bigger TV.
The entire staff at the club lounge was second to none! Everyone was extremely warm, cordial and professional! I wish that American staffers could be half as helpful as these people.
The lounge ‘spread’ at night was excellent! Although it was technically hors d'oeuvres, the offerings were complete full dinners at a four-star restaurant.
The only knock I have of the hotel was with the main restaurant workers. They were not as helpful nor proficient in English nor pleasant as their colleagues on the top floor. Such a performance disparity was expected, however, as the lounge team had been most likely hand-selected to meet the demands of Platinum members, who could be quite entitled.
For the last five years, I’ve visited Shanghai at least twice a year and have stayed at other Starwood/Marriott properties and can confidently state that this hotel is on par with the best of ‘em.

Room Tip: If you are able to, insist on a club floor room
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
LetitiaLi, Sales & E-commerce Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Shanghai Changfeng Park, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Dear dc1229,

Really appreciate your coming back in the near future!

Reviewed 7 August 2018

Visited this hotel for business purposes and was chosen for the location close to the exhibition centre. I had a room on a high floor with great views over Shanghai. Room was very spacious / large. Good beds, good shower and good service. The office chair at the working desk was rubbish. Poor quality and not ergonomic.

Very good breakfast, large location, little bit chilly. Great choices of food for all nationalities. Nice service of staff.

Room Tip: high floor with view over the lake
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Dear Ron S,

Really appreciate your coming back in the near future!

Reviewed 24 July 2018

I really satified with your service. The front desk is doing well and gave me a detail guideline and tips how to stay this hotel and use a lot of facilities. The executive room is also excellent but still has some smell.

Room Tip: Nothing special
Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
LetitiaLi, Public Relations Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Shanghai Changfeng Park, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2018

Dear hyunjkim2018,

Knowing your stay was an enjoyable one give me great pleasure. We are proud of our Front office team and surly we will deliver your kind compliments related department for us to keep high-level service standard to embrace every each guest.

Really appreciate your coming back in the near future.