1,106 results
All reviews nanjing road great location people's square star hotel walking distance separate toilet grand lobby pedestrian mall minute walk breakfast buffet excellent hotel spent nights concierge staff people's park rooms are spacious metro station executive floor
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

Great location with renin park and metro stops in easy reach. Nearby shopping area is also popular so good if you like the big brands.

Room very comfortable. Bathroom was excellent and felt well looked after.

Good range of options at breakfast, but you do have to ask them to cook omelettes for longer and tend to serve things raw.

All staff friendly. Reception was helpful at changing money to smaller notes.

Did not like the need to wear a swim cap in pool. No hot tub.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

The room is huge, I think the whole team can stay in one room. Location is good, 40 mins to the train station. But you can’t have WiFi access if you don’t have local sim I asked the reception that usually you need your room number and your last name then you can get the WiFi access, then she said the rule is changed, you need to have a local sim to get the access code. If I don’t have? Go to buy a sim ‍♀️‍♀️ I don’t know if other hotels in Shanghai is same like this.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

I’ve been coming to Shanghai very regularly for the past 6 years and I’ve always stayed at this hotel. It’s never been perfect - staff are regularly rude, the concierge service has always been very poor and housekeeping have never had any respect for privacy. That aside, it’s cheap and the rooms are nice. However on arrival today I found that they had changed their internet system and you can not use the hotel internet service at all, unless you have a Chinese telephone number. Apparently they changed their internet system because of a Chinese government regulation. Candidly, I don’t care ...What lovely way to welcome international guest. I asked the hotel to find a solution for me but in they refused and told me to go purchase a Chinese phone number.

If you need an internet service in your room I’d avoid this hotel. I will in the future.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 August 2018

I travelled here with my father to see Pt Adelaide play Gold Coast Suns. Really glad we picked this hotel- had a really extensive breakfast and helpful staff. It was also an easy walking distance from hotels, bars and the train station.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael C
Reviewed 25 August 2018

plus-good location. very close to the main streets and walking distance to the bund. many good restaurants nearby. spacious room.

minus - takes long~ time to check in. I arrived at the hotel 1:40 and the staff said my room would be ready at 2:30. So, I asked the conciergye to keep our bags and went out to look around the city. and came back to the hotel at around 4:00. and another front desk staff told me that I had not checked in so needed to do check-in process from the beginning again. In the end, I and my family could get rooms completely at over 6:00p.m. I understand they could have been busy that day, but the thing was their attitude to the guest in this situation. I still remember the attitude of the front desk staff who was charge of me at first. He told me back when I showed my unpleasantness that he had said 'the room was dirty' like he had not done anything wrong and I was rather captious. I didn't say back to him about what he had said rooms would be done at 2:30 because I didn't want to ruin my trip with family.

Maybe I could be just a bad case. So, if you don't expect the service, it's the good place to get around the city. I might have expected too much.

플러스-위치좋음. 난징동루가 바로 코앞이고 번드까지 도보가능. 주변에 맛있는 음식점도 많음. 방 넓음.

마이너스-서비스는 좋지 않음. 1시40분쯤 호텔도착. 방이 더럽다며 2시30분쯤 방이 준비된다고 하여 컨시어지에 짐 맡기고 돌아다니다가 4시쯤 돌아옴. 방은 여전히 준비되어 있지 않고 심지어 체크인도 안되어 있다며 다시 체크인 절차를 밟음. 방2개를 예약했었는데 결국 오후 6시쯤 일행 모두 입실가능하였음. 문제는 체크인 문제에 대해 불편함을 표현했을 때 프론트직원의 태도임. 자기가 방이 더럽다고 말하지 않았냐며 나의 항의가 부당하다는 듯 나에게 소리침. 가족여행이었기 때문에 더 따지지는 않았지만...아주 불쾌하였음. 그 이후 불편한 사건이 더 있었지만 굳이 말하지 않겠음.
서비스를 기대하지 않으면 위치는 거의 완벽한 숙소임.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family