USD 111
USD 92
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 124/night.

USD 166
USD 105
USD 174
USD 157
1,888 results
All reviewsferry stationboutique hotelheated toilet seathuangpu riveracross the riverlost heavencoffee machinestudio roomexcellent locationlounge areathird flooryuyuan gardenbreakfast was includedhigh techcity viewwonderful hotelbottled water
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I booked after reading all the reviews. I was disappointed with this reservation.
I must say that location is very good, and the views of the Bund, excellent. But rooms were small for Chinese standards. Decoration is good, but not with the luxury details you can find in other hotels in Shanghai. Furniture shows signals of damage.
Breakfast is just OK.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BCN n
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed for 2 nights. The location is right on the Bund. We stayed in the Bund Studio, nice corner suite with great views of the Bund. We booked online at hotel's site well in advance as prices did go up later. The closest subway station is Yu Yuan, line 10, which is about a 10 minute walk. The room was well laid out, with bathtub overlooking the Bund and separate shower. Free wi-fi throughout the hotel and good gym area, no pool. Breakfast is included with a mix of Chinese and Western choices. Free tea, coffee, cookies and fruit in lounge, plenty of seats. 40 minutes by taxi to Pudong Airport, costing around ¥180.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ylc25
Reviewed 22 April 2012

This hotel was wonderful from the minute I arrived to the minute I left. All of the staff at the hotel were warm, friendly and helpful at all times. One of the receptionists even lent me a DVD from her own personal collection to watch in the temporary room I was given after check out to freshen up in before my flight.
My room was spotlessly clean and beautiful with lovely views over The Bund. It came complete with complimentary fruit and bottled water. I only ate breakfast in the hotel and this was probably the nicest breakfast I'd had in my month stay in China.
The hotel is located right on the river but is a reasonable walk from many of the sites that are away from The Bund. Obviously anything on The Bund is in easy walking distance.
I would gladly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay again in future

Room Tip: Request a room with a view of the river
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I would be having a miserable time in China if it weren't for this hotel.

Right from the minute I stepped into the hotel I was greeted warmly by the doorman, usher to check-in with the friendly receptionists who are fluent in English and taken into the beautiful mind boggling room.
I booked a corner room with a view to the Bund, it was picturesquely breathtaking. Like having your own private view of Shanghai's signature waterfront everyday. For me, it's even better than going up to see the view of the city from the Financial center.
I think other reviewers has mentioned the state of the art in-room facilities and amenities. I especially love the heated toilet seat and bidet which was very much needed (it was spring when I came, but the temperature outside is still between 13-19c). Also, the ILLY coffee maker. I've stayed in 5 other different hotels in this China visit and they all featured hard beds (I'm beginning to think this is China's standard), only Les Suites Orient that gave me the luxury of comfortable bed with feather down pillows+duvet.
Fruits are complimentary in the room, replenish daily. All guests are also welcome into the 24/7 lounge that serves snacks and beverages.
Location wise, it is right at the bund, directly across the ferry terminal, 7 minutes walk to Yu Garden, 10 minutes to Nanjing pedestrian mall and People's Square. If you don't like to do the walk, just ask anyone in the hotel to write down the Chinese address of your designation, they will also hail a cab for you and direct the cabby. To all the three places I mentioned, it will only cost the minimum charge of 14rmb since they are so close. Honestly, since my room is so beautiful, I just want to be in it all day and didn't really care going outside.
The staffs, other than the two I mentioned are also fantastic. Doormen insisted to take my shopping bags into my room and concierge suggested the nice places and restaurants that I should visit, they also arranged to buy my train tickets and car rental upon departure. As for the breakfast spread, good quality, yet not much varieties. But I also did lunch here, which I think is good and reasonably priced.

Room Tip: book the room with a view to the Bund, it's worth it
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank theprincessw
Reviewed 20 April 2012

From start to finish this hotel was perfect. The front of the house check in staff were efficient, helpful and friendly. The rooms are perfectly appointed. Great King size bed, huge flat screen TV, views of the river that were phenomenal, the highest tech bathroom one could ask for, great lighting and plenty of space. The breakfast was simple, but with great healthy choices. The gym is well equipped, clean and open. The hotel also does the small things right. Complimentary fruit, cookies and hot beverages were available 24 hours a day and there is plenty of space to meet with friends and associates in the public spaces. Best of all the staff is friendly, helpful and engaged. I never met the mangaer, but I tip my hat to him. This hotel is a gem in a world of mediocrity. This is the best run hotel I have ever visited and my stay was an 11 on a scale of 1 -10.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business