See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

I am a American traveling in China and took my family on vacation to Shanghai. It is hard finding an affordable hotel in the Bund area for a family, this hotel had a decent deal compared to the others nearby. In hindsight I should have paid an extra $25 a night and got a solid brand hotel. The room was falling apart and barely fit the three beds in the room. Huge mold spot on the wall and the ceiling had water damage on a spot and looks like one day parts of it will come down. The house cleaning was good and prompt when we needed something, the front desk was just ok. Would not recommend this hotel to any families.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank jrans8243
Reviewed 7 February 2017 via mobile

Do not stay here. It has a good location and fair price, but the reception ended up being the nicest area. The room was small and old, with peeling wallpaper. The roof had significant mould problems. Do not stay here.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2016

Cheap , basic and a little strange but if you are only staying for a few days it would do. Rooms have windows but these open onto the main corridors so keep curtains closed. Cleaners are very loud early in the morning and come in even when do not disturb sign is hanging! Mainly local tourists but there are two small convenience stores nearby selling basics. Near to People's Square, pedestrians Street and Bund within walking distance.rooms have kettle and cups. Hairdryer and wi fi were surprisingly good. TV all Chinese but one English speaking news channel. It s OK but not great but you get what you pay for!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Scrapster186470
Reviewed 23 March 2016

I spent two nights here, and the location was great. However, the service andd quality were just terrible. First, I was given a room with two single beds even though I had booked a king. They did change me to a room with a double bed after I asked. However, my room was still deficient in several ways. First, the heater didn't work, so it was freezing in there. Second, there was all sorts of black mold in the bathroom. Third, the bathroom sink leak so that you would end up with tooth paste all over the floor when you brushed your teeth! Fourth, when I asked to be moved after discovering the sink, the receptionists refused and were quite rude about it. Perhaps they think that each guest only deserves one room change. When I asked if they could send maintenance up to fix the sink, they refused and literally dismissed me, walking away. The guy I had talked to earlier then claimed he spoke no English. Fifth, the room key rarely worked, necessitating a trip down to reception each time I was locked out. And sixth, there is no wifi in the rooms regardless of what they claim. The signal simply isn't strong enough.

Would I stay here again? Uhhhhh, maybe if I was desperate. The location and price were very good, but I would spend some time looking for other options. I would NOT recommend this to a friend without telling them all the details. The bathroom was really gross, and the service was disgraceful.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank RL_Adirondack_Woman
Reviewed 16 November 2015 via mobile

Hotel is quite convenience, near restaurant, cafe, hair salon and the nanjing road (shopping). Staff is also friendly but their English is limited. Room is not good because the bathroom, the bed, the cupboard are very old. Tivi have only chinese channel.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple