All reviews business trip exhibition centre poor location mtr station nice hotel minutes walking distance trade show shuttle service shanghai expo stayed at this hotel for nights bed was comfortable shopping mall taxis pudong concierge inns chinese
Reviewed 13 April 2018

We stayed at the hotel end of March 2018 only for one night. The overall service was very good. In particular, the room was very nice, comfortable and clean, the location is very convenient. We had requested a baby bed which was already in the room when we arrived. The breakfast room was tidy, clean with nice atmosphere. The breakfast was very good for Shanghai hotel of the same rating. It has so many choices both for Chinese and International tastes. Staff was helpful, speaking English. Price was reasonable. The only problems we faced were the following:
1. At our arrival my toddler as cuddled, fell asleep on my arms. The receptionist could see this but still it took him 15 minutes just for our check in for a room we had booked in advance.
2. The parking was said to be free of charge when booking through the web but in our arrival they asked for money. If my husband had not insisted, they wouldn't find out it was their mistake, as they changed their policy but they forgot to change the web booking terms.
3. Even if this parking fee issue seemed that was solved, when we were in hurry to go out of the hotel, we faced delay since the man at the parking lot was insisting we had to pay until a person came from the reception and explained him the situation.

But still the overall service would make us book it again for our future accommodation needs.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Chenbonnie, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Pudong Nanpu, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Dear guests: thank you very much for choosing to stay in Holiday Inn Shanghai Pudong Nanpu and share your experience with us on the Internet! I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused by some small mistakes, we will update the parking information immediately, and we will also strengthen the training of the front desk staff. We sincerely hope that this experience will not affect your impression and confidence in the hotel. We look forward to serving you again and wish you a happy life.

Reviewed 10 February 2018

This hotel located at a very quiet place on the side of a road full of green. And there is a famous Hospital near by. Though a little far from central Shanghai, there are subway stations in 10 minutes walk. Also there are good restruants in and around the hotel.
What I really appreciated was the helpful staffs. I arrived at the hotel in midnight, but the lady with lovely smile (lady Yen?) at front desk was willing to help me with opening a locked suitcase, and call a taxi for me to go back to airport to look for the lost key. In addition, she tried to let me check in earlier then scheduled. Also the other day the floor mangers were eager to help me out with something I bought in Shanghai but cannot bring back home. And the floor service lady was very helpful too.
All in all, if you are looking for a place to stay in Shanghai which you can reall feel comfortable and get help when you need, I recommend you try Holiday Inn Shanghai Pudong Nanpu.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank toshiakih452
Chenbonnie, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Pudong Nanpu, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2018

Dear guest,
Thank you for your kind note and feedback following your recent stay.We Sincerely appreciate you spending time sharing your feedback about your stay with us.We are delighted to learn that your enjoyed our great room and facilities,and we are also happy to hear your positive comments about our service.
Thank you for your support and we look forword to having you with us agagin in the near future.

Reviewed 20 December 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for two days (24/25-11-2017),its too far away from Pudong international airport as we booked with Pudong name & nearby airport.. but its not . It takes more than hour to reach here, no shuttle service available. Taxi operators not sincere as they charge upto $100 & even driver demands tips forcefully.
Hotel Front office staff courteous in attending & prompt checkin,rest staff hardly understands English, nice restaurant, clean & comfortable rooms.you can shop nearby as there are many good shops including lotus complex near by.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank PremThakur
Chenbonnie, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Pudong Nanpu, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2017

Dear guest,

Thanks for your compliments for our nice service and friendly staff,we are happy to know that the staffs are helpful and you can trust the concierge for their suggestion and decision they have made. Welcome to our hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 17 December 2017

I like this hotel very much. Very nice staff. Everyone is friendly and professional. Effective check in and check out. Quiet environment and comfortable room.

There are lot of choice in breakfast and food is delicious.

All of experience is perfect. For sure I will live this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Katherine S
Chenbonnie, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Pudong Nanpu, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Shanghai Pudong Nanpu and review us on IHG official website.
We are so glad to know that you enjoyed everything at our hotel. Your encouraging feedback prompts us to continue providing excellent experience to our guests.
We do look forward to your return in the near future.

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Holiday Inns are normally comfortable and have a good quality/price ratio. Shanghai is more expensive than other places and this Hotel is just fair for the price I have paid. Room was quite comfortable and breakfast was good; on the other hand, I have not appeciated that many people from the staff were unable to speak a single word in english and I was totally disappointed with the cantonese restaurant hosted on the 3rd floor. There was no way to share a word in english, menu was in chinese and what I have finally ordered was absolutely far from the dinner I expected.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Chenbonnie, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Pudong Nanpu, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Dear Guest,

At first I want take this chance to appreciate your comments about our hotel, I am glad that you are happy with most of your stay experience. Also the language gab you mentioned, I do apologize for it. We would do more training on this issue and make sure we could serve you better next time. The Cantonese restaruant now is managed by a third party, but not the hotel, we would also share your opinion with the Chinese restaurant and perfect deficiencies.We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!