“Our Idyllic Wedding”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Vatulele Island
Vatulele Island Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Vatulele Island
Reviewed 4 March 2012

We chose to have our Wedding in Dec 2011 on Vatulele Island which was a recommendation from a close friend who used to frequent the resort on business. We arrived from Hong Kong 1 day late due to airline delays but to the credit of the staff of Vatulele, from the moment we arrived, they worked on making up for the inconvenience.
The staff were very friendly and just couldn't do enough for us. The food was excellent, being given a menu a few hours before to choose what and how we wanted it. We could also choose whether we wanted the to have the meal on the beach, in our bungalow or off course in the restaurant. The resort is beautifully set up with attention being paid to having the bungalows set behind the tree line so all you can see when you are on the beach is....the beach!! There are daily activities such as local village tours, red prawn trip. You also have the cost-free option of being dropped off by boat to Nooki Island. They will set up a picnic of whatever you like to eat and drink then leave you for a predetermined time with a mobile phone to enjoy the sun and somewhat rocky beach.

I must say at this point in time, our reason for going to the resort was to have the most idyllic and perfect wedding that my wife and I could possibly have. Firstly, we didn't tell anyone of our intentions, you can certainly say that we eloped. Whatever we wanted, the staff went out of their way to make it a perfect wedding. Choir, flowers, warriors carrying my wife to the beautiful flower chapel where I was waiting. It really was perfect!! Just when we thought the ceremony was coming to an end, they had village women with traditional dancing and singing, followed by a Kava and warrior ceremony. We were then left by ourselves to have a moonlight dinner under the very flower chapel where we were married just 3 hours previously. Then to finish the night off, out from the darkness, came 10 singers and dancers (including the resort GM) who arrived with our wedding cake. Before we could have a piece we were made to join in the dancing.
We finally made our way back to our lovely Pink House also know as Vale Vinqi, to find our bed had been adorned with rose petals with our names and a big heart. The next morning we were brought a lovely champagne breakfast to finish it all off.

The whole experience is something that could only be described as amazing. Whether you are considering a wedding, honeymoon or other special occasion, this really is the place you should consider. You definately wont be dissapointed. We will certainly be going back again in the future!!
On behalf of my wife and I, we would like to say many special thanks to Kumar , Leba, Dome, Mere, Vuli and so many other staff. We just begin to start to mention all the things these lovely people did to make our time so memorable. Such a great way to start a marriage together.

Peter and Cherry

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Cherry T

Reviewed 9 January 2012

I sent a couple of clients on April 2011, and I'm having a hard time collecting our agency commission. They promised to send a wire transfer many moths ago, but nothing. This absolutely causes a negative effect on the hotel responsibility. Too bad...

• Stayed: April 2011
20  Thank Viptravelconsultant
Reviewed 5 January 2012

We stayed at Vatulele in March and it was perfect in every way. We stayed in a deluxe Bure with it's own plunge pool, the rooms were spacious, the bed was heaven and the two person showers were great and the cryal clear water of the beach right at our doorstep.The staff were friendly and nothing was too much trouble.
The first night we experienced a 10 course degustation meal which was truely amazing with all the guests at the one table. All the other meals were wonderful as well. There were only 10 other couples there at the same time, so we could go all day and only see each other at meals it was like you were the only ones the staff were looking after. We have been to to numerous Islands & Resorts in Fiji, but Once you get over the small plane transfer, all other resorts pale in comparison to Vatulele, I will certainly be going there again and hopefully soon

Room Tip: They are all situated well and on the beach, though some are a fare distance from the restaurant, bu...
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank cle000
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Yes, the 'pirate', his sidekicks (including the family and the children) detracted from the otherwise serene environment and I was just as annoyed about the presence of children as the last reviewer, I did not let it ruin my holiday and instead my partner and I spent many hours giggling about their exploits and wondering what planet (or ship) they hailed from. Let's hope for the sake of the wonderful staff, that the management get their act together and start focusing on paying guests once again and that the pirate sails off to another island. I also agree with the last reviewer that they need new (cleaner) towels.

Having said that, I think the island is beautiful, the beaches pristine (although the coral bleaching is very distressing), the bures fabulous, and the staff (restaurant, grounds, housekeeping, activities) all warm, welcoming and efficient. My partner and I enjoyed the food immensely but thought that the wine list could be vastly improved with the inclusion of more Australian and Italian wine.

Tips for future guests: bring along a bottle of spirits as the resort provides 'free' soft-drinks, water, and mixers and each bure has two fridges (including a wine fridge). Don't forget the sunscreen and insect repellent (bring it with you to dinner). There is a helicopter service if your budget stretches that far.

I have no hesitation in recommending this resort but if you are considering travelling here in 2012, remember to check whether the resort is still in receivership.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank possiblyaprincess
Reviewed 22 November 2011

We spent 5 nights in Vatulele for what was going to be a fabulous trip that we now compare to all beach vacation that we consider - and it is hard to beat!

Once you get over the scariness of the small plane trip from Nadi to the island, the rest is pure pleasure. We stayed in a deluxe bure with pool that was two minutes away from the main building. We loved the bure and the fact that it was built using local materials, although I have to admit I would have liked to have AC in the bure. We also spent one night (our engagement night) at the point, and it was truly awesome.

I was amazed that the food was consistently so good throughout the week, given the remoteness of the island. The food was refined and delicious. We also really enjoyed the happy hour every day - which turned out to be a great opportunity to chat with the other guests while trying delicious cocktails (a different cocktail was offered everyday). We met really nice people during our trip and liked the fact that there was a definite time to socialize, so that the rest of the day was spent just the two of us.

The beach was amazing, the water was warm and we felt like we had our own private island in the middle of the Pacific.

We went to Vatulele to enjoy the peace and quiet so we chose to do two activities only: a visit of the village and snorkeling. Both were great, especially the village that gave us an idea of how people live on the island.

We loved loved loved the service in Vatulele. We had never ever experienced such a level of service: authentic, helpful, warm - yet sophisticated. An example of the level of service that you can expect at Vatulele: my partner got sick during our trip and they immediately sent the nurse to our bure to take care of him. They also offered us to have lunch in our room and adjusted the meal to fit my partner's condition - chicken soup, bread and yogurt. All that was done without us asking for anything. Also, my boyfriend proposed in Vatulele and he told me that the staff was very dedicated to make sure that all woud go smoothly on the big night. Thanks to Sara, Gaby and all of our Vatulele friends!

Vatulele is a place that we will always remember as being one of the greatest places we have been to.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
#4 of 12 in Savusavu
Royal Davui Island Resort
Royal Davui Island Resort
#1 of 1 in Royal Davui Island

Been to Vatulele Island Resort? Share your experiences!