All reviews lunch and dinner fish other guests sea snakes local village our honeymoon the managers reef golf day trip a special place wonderful staff scuba diving paddle boarding low tide boat ride bar area family holiday
Reviewed 30 August 2011

Our extended family and friends traveled to Toberua for a birthday and found the most beautiful Island and staff imaginable. We did not ever want to leave and I am still being harassed to go back!
I almost wish we hadn't gone as it was so hard for us to leave. But we will return!

Love the island, the staff, the diving, the food, Zac's cocktails are a must!

Room tip: All teh rooms were great!!
Date of stay: May 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank SaraJane922
Reviewed 25 August 2011

What an amazing holiday destination. We have never been so warmly welcomed and treated at a resort. We have done the Intercontinental thing but I would have to say this is so much better. The staff make a point of getting to know you and we also got to know some of the guests and our last dinner was around a communal table with lots of laughs. I loved the fact that I only wore shoes to play reef golf (a hoot) and for the village visit (also a must). Overall an amazing holiday destination.

5  Thank Janet0559
Reviewed 23 August 2011

We recently went to Toberua Island for a family holiday. We were quite a large group ranging from 16 months to 70 years old! Each and every one of us had a fantastic experience in Toberua. The burre's are brilliant..very airy and spacious..especially '3'. The restaurant was really really great...we loved the choices and always found something delicious to eat.
All the staff are just divine, we loved Zach at the bar and Masi in the band. Joanna from housekeeping was also a beautiful babysitter.
We would all love to come back again one day.
Highly recommend Bird Island and Picnic Island.
P.S. Request the spinach balls in Tamarind sauce. YUM.

Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Natalie C
Reviewed 10 August 2011

We are a couple who has travelled a lot and I had really high hopes for this holiday to be one of our best. First of all...Toberua is located near Suva. Be aware that this area has a tendency to get more clouds and rain. We unfortunately did not know that. Our mistake not checking that out. Sure you can not do anything about the weather but I regret not going to the Mamanuca or Yasawa Islands where its less risk for bad weather. We sadly got only 2 sunny days out of 7...and this was not rain season!
First impression. The island was much smaller than I thought. I also thought you could walk around it but sadly that was not the case. There is not really a beach around the whole island. It means that when the resort is full a lot of people have to share the beach witch is even smaller when there is low tide.
Our bure was clean and nice. Simple. I recommend that you have either bure 2 or 3. Best location without a doubt. Not worth choosing something else in my opinion!
Food: Breakfast was too simple.
Morning/Afternoon tea too simple only a cookie.
The main courses for lunch and dinner were really good though. Simple but good! Unfortunately no seafood but good fish!
Dessert was no hit.
We were lucky first 4 days to be only couples on the resort. Our last 3 days a family reunion with 10 kids arrived! Do I need to say more?
So Toberua might be OK if you are lucky with the weather, not too many people on the resort and if you only stay a few days and then also visit some other islands. I did not get a tropical feeling so I was a disappointed my fiancée was pretty happy but he just wanted too relax and don't care looking for a white beach, beautiful water and so on...
Staff was lovely though!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Johanna T
Reviewed 10 August 2011

My husband and I stayed at Toberua Is. Resort end of July into August. In the time we were there the manager went on leave and a replacement manager took over. I have to congratulate Maggie as there was no change in management style and the staff all seemed very happy about the arrangement. Of course the staff are wonderful never forgetting our names or our favourite cocktails. The band boys are to die for at night dulring cocktail hour and dinner. They played all the songs we knew so we were very relaxed.
The food was delicious, with lots of fresh vegetables and melt in the mouth steaks. We had a wonderful time, loved chatting with the other guests from many different countries.
The rooms were large, airy and cool. Well serviced twice daily. Outside dinner was so romantic under the stars on the edge of the water. Value for money although we were too relaxed to do too many trips. Maggie was a delight gently circulating during cocktail hour and dinner making sure everyone was ok but also being unobtrusive. Well done Toberura Island Resort. The owners must be very happy with their two managers - good choices. We will return in the not too distant future.

Room tip: All rooms faced the sea so all are perfect
Date of stay: July 2011