Maqai Beach Eco Resort
We had the best holiday at this resort with our 2 children (13, 11). What made it so good was:
- THE STAFF - Fijians are employed & they also stay there when working – they were brilliant – the most friendly, helpful, informative, fun loving people. They’ll join you in activities, play table tennis, volley ball , chess , take you snorkeling, play guitar, sing, cook you great food, take you to their village or sit & talk to you about their culture. They always had time to teach you things or help the kids & nothing was ever a problem. They are really what give this place its great relaxed atmosphere.
- THE SIZE – with 8 burees & a dorm – it’s the perfect size - small enough that you get to know the staff & everyone else staying there - feels like you’re staying with family & friends.
- THE LOCATION – on a sandy beach, surrounded by rainforest, snorkeling straight out in front, reef break for surfing just a short boat ride away. It takes time to get there, which is grea,t as there’s no day trippers or party crowds.
- THE SIMPLICITY – no tv’s , no cars, no roads, no shops. It’s wonderful to be without those distractions and back to communicating with each other.
- THE OTHER GUESTS –it attracts interesting people, of different age ranges from all over the world, lots of good conversations.
This was a great Fijian experience. Our whole family loved it & would return tomorrow if we could.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Maqai Eco Resort is located on breathtakingly beautiful Qamea Island just north of the garden island of Taveuni. The moment your feet hit the sand you will fall in love with this dreamy island getaway and never want to leave. The resort lies on a stunning stretch of private white sandy beach set against a backdrop of lush tropical rainforest on Qamea Islands uninhabited southern shores. Its here you'll find a destination for adventure, culture, nature and getting off the beaten track. Spend your days snorkeling in the spectacular coral gardens a out front of the resort, scuba diving , surfing, fishing, kayaking or simply swimming in the crystal clear Pacific waters. Take a cultural visit to the local village, try your hand at traditional Fijian arts and crafts, enjoy a game of volleyball or table tennis or simply explore the local surrounds hiking the island's stunning trails. Treat yourself to a pamper session with a luxurious massage or simply relax in a perfectly positioned hammock. This intimate resort with a big heart accommodates up to 35 guests with a range of accommodation to suit most budgets. Surround yourself in nature.. Nine Eco safari bures are scattered along the beachfront with spectacular views of the ocean and just a few steps to the waters edge. Known as glamping (glamorous camping) these bures contain all the comforts and little luxuries from home - raised wooden floors, wooden shutters, comfortable queen beds with quality bed linens, and mosquito nets, fan, lamps, en-suite bathroom and a private veranda to sit and take in the natural Maqai beauty. Sit back, relax and unwind-there's no cooking to partake in here- the resort is so remote that this is the only kitchen for miles! A delicious, generous meal plan is part of your stay at Maqai and includes breakfast, lunch and dinner. You'll enjoy a range of fresh vegetables picked from the organic garden, sun-kissed tropical fruits, daily baked homemade breads, wood fired pizza, freshly caught fish, and Fijian delicacies including lovo and kokoda. Most dietary requirements can be catered for including gluten free and vegetarian. Simply advise at the time of your booking Getting there:- There are 2 options . Flying; Suva- Taveuni Daily Fiji airways or northern air twice weekly Nadi- Taveuni Fiji airways 3 times daily Ferry Savusavu- Taveuni daily from Buca Bay Suva -Taveuni twice weekly Experience nature at is best in this magnificent secluded island paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au and HostelWorld so you can book your Maqai Beach Eco Surf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maqai Beach Hotel Qamea Island