“Good diving, basic/average resort”

Ratu Kini's Backpackers and Dive Resort
Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

Very basic, but also a lot cheaper than other island resorts. We booked through Ratu kinis homepage and they messed up our booking and pick up in Nadi. We waited 3 hours in total for our pick up and for the boat to leave... we had to change rooms three times in five days because they hadn’t registered our booking properly. Beds in the private rooms and family Bure was terrible, and no air con. Beds in beach front villas were better and there was also air con.
Friendly and helpful staff.

The beach is not good for swimming a lot of coral and seaweed even in the shallow water.

Food: we had the meal plan. Food was good but very simple. (Dinner was the best meal!)
Breakfast was very basic. Toast/jam, cereal and some fruit.
Only one option for Lunch and dinner, and the portions were a bit too small for my BF.

The big pros about this place:
It’s very cheap compared to the other islands. And diving was FANTASTIC and they charge way less than all the other resorts around Fiji. We did two shark dives and our advance course and it was amazing! We even saw full grown hammer heads on two of the dives!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 November 2017

Meal plan is a good deal. The food is good and the portion quite big, good if you go diving or surfing. The room (dorm for 5) is spacious with a toilet, shower and A/C. The staff is friendly and helpful. A lot of people from the other resorts on the island come to eat at Ratu Kini.

The dive staff is very friendly and experienced. I was planing to do more dives but arrived with a cold and my nose stuck.

Sunset Beach can be reached at low tide going around the island. You are not supposed to cross the resort if you stay at other places which is a bit ridiculous since Sunset Beach is public...hopefully you can find a deal to change that.

Room Tip: Probably better to book directly (not via ebookers or such websites)
Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 November 2017

Arrived in July and booked a room for a week. All went well until near the end of my trip. Very late at night, I heard grunting noises, and a male breathing hard near my bedroom window. I was terrified. I was located in a bungalow, at the far edge of the resort where no other rooms were occupied. Since I was alone, I felt terrified of the security staff (a heavy-set male, security guard, about age 50 who earlier escorted me to my room with a disturbing hug around my hips). Early than planned, and terrified, I found a boat away from RatuKini.

Stayed: July 2017
Tui K, General Manager at Ratu Kini's Backpackers and Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Hi , We are looking into this incident. Its October now, and the quicker we got this message, the better we can solve the matter.

thanks.

Reviewed 6 October 2017

Arrived on the 2nd of October to Mana Island to stay at Ratu Kini backpackers and dive resort. We booked a beach front room which was not what we were given. When I requested a beach front room - like I had booked and paid for- I was told I had not paid enough money for a beach front room and they were all occupied anyway. Ratu Kini staff told me to call my booking agent (which was hotels.com). Hotels.com spoke to Ratu Kini and stated I had paid for a beach front room. The staff basically said it's bad luck. We were moved to a different room the next day, which was still not a beach front room. There was no fridge or coffee making facilities. We couldn't move into the new room until around 1pm. We booked an 8.30am snorkelling trip. At 8.35am we were told no you are going at 10 am. Please be mindful when you stay here you may not get what you book!
Very, very disappointed.

Room Tip: Make sure you get A/C not all rooms have it some don't have a fridge ask !
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed there for 3 days and went diving in 4 beautiful dive spots (sharks, turtles , etc) . Team was really nice and available , food was excellent ! Would totally recommend the place !
Books and games are available for customers

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Sheraton Resort & Spa, Tokoriki Island
6.8 km away
Castaway Island Fiji
Castaway Island Fiji
#1 of 1 in Castaway Island (Qalito)

Been to Ratu Kini's Backpackers and Dive Resort? Share your experiences!