All reviews double room beach front amazing diving basic accommodation fish mini fridge main island island hopping daily activities lunch and dinner octopus each evening room number reef sharks sunset cruise other islands marine life
Reviewed 13 November 2017

Meal plan is a good deal. The food is good and the portion quite big, good if you go diving or surfing. The room (dorm for 5) is spacious with a toilet, shower and A/C. The staff is friendly and helpful. A lot of people from the other resorts on the island come to eat at Ratu Kini.

The dive staff is very friendly and experienced. I was planing to do more dives but arrived with a cold and my nose stuck.

Sunset Beach can be reached at low tide going around the island. You are not supposed to cross the resort if you stay at other places which is a bit ridiculous since Sunset Beach is public...hopefully you can find a deal to change that.

Room Tip: Probably better to book directly (not via ebookers or such websites)
Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
rtk1872, Owner at Ratu Kini's Backpackers and Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Thank you for diving with us. Regards.

Reviewed 3 November 2017

Arrived in July and booked a room for a week. All went well until near the end of my trip. Very late at night, I heard grunting noises, and a male breathing hard near my bedroom window. I was terrified. I was located in a bungalow, at the far edge of the resort where no other rooms were occupied. Since I was alone, I felt terrified of the security staff (a heavy-set male, security guard, about age 50 who earlier escorted me to my room with a disturbing hug around my hips). Early than planned, and terrified, I found a boat away from RatuKini.

Stayed: July 2017
2  Thank RossReef
Tui K, General Manager at Ratu Kini's Backpackers and Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Hi , We are looking into this incident. Its October now, and the quicker we got this message, the better we can solve the matter.

thanks.

Reviewed 6 October 2017

Arrived on the 2nd of October to Mana Island to stay at Ratu Kini backpackers and dive resort. We booked a beach front room which was not what we were given. When I requested a beach front room - like I had booked and paid for- I was told I had not paid enough money for a beach front room and they were all occupied anyway. Ratu Kini staff told me to call my booking agent (which was hotels.com). Hotels.com spoke to Ratu Kini and stated I had paid for a beach front room. The staff basically said it's bad luck. We were moved to a different room the next day, which was still not a beach front room. There was no fridge or coffee making facilities. We couldn't move into the new room until around 1pm. We booked an 8.30am snorkelling trip. At 8.35am we were told no you are going at 10 am. Please be mindful when you stay here you may not get what you book!
Very, very disappointed.

Room Tip: Make sure you get A/C not all rooms have it some don't have a fridge ask !
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Tui K, Manager at Ratu Kini's Backpackers and Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2018

Please confirm your rooms according to images. We've had issues of double bookings and compensated guests. Again, our apologies, and we'll always to provide you the room you will book.

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed there for 3 days and went diving in 4 beautiful dive spots (sharks, turtles , etc) . Team was really nice and available , food was excellent ! Would totally recommend the place !
Books and games are available for customers

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Really friendly, professional dive outfit with knowledgeable staff who don't cut corners on Safety.

Thoroughly enjoyed diving with them on the shark dive and the lobster cave.

Had some great weather. Cold beer. Friendly relaxed locals and some fun fishing

Happy travels guys!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Tui K, General Manager at Ratu Kini's Backpackers and Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Thank you Scott, much appreciated. Regards