“Not safe for woman traveling alone- Ratu Kini's Backpackers and Dive Resort”

Ratu Kini's Backpackers and Dive Resort
Reviewed 3 November 2017

Arrived in July and booked a room for a week. All went well until near the end of my trip. Very late at night, I heard grunting noises, and a male breathing hard near my bedroom window. I was terrified. I was located in a bungalow, at the far edge of the resort where no other rooms were occupied. Since I was alone, I felt terrified of the security staff (a heavy-set male, security guard, about age 50 who earlier escorted me to my room with a disturbing hug around my hips). Early than planned, and terrified, I found a boat away from RatuKini.

Stayed: July 2017
Tui K, General Manager at Ratu Kini's Backpackers and Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Hi , We are looking into this incident. Its October now, and the quicker we got this message, the better we can solve the matter.

thanks.

Reviewed 6 October 2017

Arrived on the 2nd of October to Mana Island to stay at Ratu Kini backpackers and dive resort. We booked a beach front room which was not what we were given. When I requested a beach front room - like I had booked and paid for- I was told I had not paid enough money for a beach front room and they were all occupied anyway. Ratu Kini staff told me to call my booking agent (which was hotels.com). Hotels.com spoke to Ratu Kini and stated I had paid for a beach front room. The staff basically said it's bad luck. We were moved to a different room the next day, which was still not a beach front room. There was no fridge or coffee making facilities. We couldn't move into the new room until around 1pm. We booked an 8.30am snorkelling trip. At 8.35am we were told no you are going at 10 am. Please be mindful when you stay here you may not get what you book!
Very, very disappointed.

Room Tip: Make sure you get A/C not all rooms have it some don't have a fridge ask !
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed there for 3 days and went diving in 4 beautiful dive spots (sharks, turtles , etc) . Team was really nice and available , food was excellent ! Would totally recommend the place !
Books and games are available for customers

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Really friendly, professional dive outfit with knowledgeable staff who don't cut corners on Safety.

Thoroughly enjoyed diving with them on the shark dive and the lobster cave.

Had some great weather. Cold beer. Friendly relaxed locals and some fun fishing

Happy travels guys!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Tui K, General Manager at Ratu Kini's Backpackers and Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Thank you Scott, much appreciated. Regards

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Absolutely beautiful views and location right on one of the most beautiful beaches have ever seen. This is Fiji at its simplest and best.
Staff were all very friendly and helpful.
Rooms were comfortable, and had air-conditioning.
Lots of cheap activities provided by the hostel too (snorkelling, stand up paddle board, kayak, fishing, scuba diving etc.)
The free breakfast included was quite basic (cereal or toast) and the food wasnt very cheap (but is the only option).

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Sheraton Resort & Spa, Tokoriki Island
6.8 km away
Castaway Island Fiji
Castaway Island Fiji
#1 of 1 in Castaway Island (Qalito)

Been to Ratu Kini's Backpackers and Dive Resort? Share your experiences!