All reviews amazing diving double room meal plan beach front open water fish basic accommodation chicken curry main island local staff island hopping daily activities octopus each evening lunch and dinner room number back packers
Reviewed 6 October 2017

Arrived on the 2nd of October to Mana Island to stay at Ratu Kini backpackers and dive resort. We booked a beach front room which was not what we were given. When I requested a beach front room - like I had booked and paid for- I was told I had not paid enough money for a beach front room and they were all occupied anyway. Ratu Kini staff told me to call my booking agent (which was hotels.com). Hotels.com spoke to Ratu Kini and stated I had paid for a beach front room. The staff basically said it's bad luck. We were moved to a different room the next day, which was still not a beach front room. There was no fridge or coffee making facilities. We couldn't move into the new room until around 1pm. We booked an 8.30am snorkelling trip. At 8.35am we were told no you are going at 10 am. Please be mindful when you stay here you may not get what you book!
Very, very disappointed.

Room tip: Make sure you get A/C not all rooms have it some don't have a fridge ask !
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Tui K, Manager at Ratu Kini's Backpackers and Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2018

Please confirm your rooms according to images. We've had issues of double bookings and compensated guests. Again, our apologies, and we'll always to provide you the room you will book.

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed there for 3 days and went diving in 4 beautiful dive spots (sharks, turtles , etc) . Team was really nice and available , food was excellent ! Would totally recommend the place !
Books and games are available for customers

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Really friendly, professional dive outfit with knowledgeable staff who don't cut corners on Safety.

Thoroughly enjoyed diving with them on the shark dive and the lobster cave.

Had some great weather. Cold beer. Friendly relaxed locals and some fun fishing

Happy travels guys!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Tui K, General Manager at Ratu Kini's Backpackers and Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Thank you Scott, much appreciated. Regards

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Absolutely beautiful views and location right on one of the most beautiful beaches have ever seen. This is Fiji at its simplest and best.
Staff were all very friendly and helpful.
Rooms were comfortable, and had air-conditioning.
Lots of cheap activities provided by the hostel too (snorkelling, stand up paddle board, kayak, fishing, scuba diving etc.)
The free breakfast included was quite basic (cereal or toast) and the food wasnt very cheap (but is the only option).

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Hi Christian, Thank you for your review, very much appreciated. Regards

Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

I had only planned to go for one dive but I went back for another one the same day which was even better than the first . Eagle rays , sharks , turtles , mackerel , moray eels , amazing hard and soft coral just to name a few of the things we saw . It will be a couple of dives I will always remember . Fletch , was a great dive master , he really new what he was doing and I felt extremely safe with him . His knowledge of the amazing dive sites we dove was second to none . On top of that he was great company and we had a good laugh . I'd love to go back and put my two young children through a dive course with him . Drew

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Tui K, Manager at Ratu Kini's Backpackers and Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Bula Drew,

Thank you for your nice comments. Much appreciated.

Regards