We (2 adults & 2 eleven year olds) stayed 7 nights in March 2012. The weather was stunning. It was our first time to Fiji, so we were a little bit nervous anyway but even more so due to the mixed reveiws this resort receives. However, I am very pleased to advise that this resort is great. Being almost an hours boat ride from the mainland, you definately get the feeling that you're on a secluded island in the pacific, however, there are plenty of land and water activities to do (or not do) to keep you entertained.
We stayed in a Garden Bure (322) that was comfortable, easily fit the four of us, clean and serviced daily. We were located just 20ish metres from the beach. The air-con in the bure was fantastic - very refreshing. There are no tv's so you might like to take a portable dvd player. We did but only used it once.
The food was mixed. The kids had the buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner and they seemed to enjoy it. My husband and I selected from the menu for each meal and found the food to be some good and some not so good. The nicest meal I had was at the Ananda's Restaurant located at the end of the resort. The Chicken South Pacific was delicious!!
The staff were all friendly, very accommodating and always greating you with a big "Bula" (hello in Fijian). From 7pm onwards the staff keep you entertained. The kids club we used a couple of times but is more suited to younger children.
Take with you: pegs, washing powder, insect repellent and fly spray, loads of sunscreen and a small first aid kit with antiseptic cream for cuts and scapes.
We did not want to leave and cannot wait to return. Proof that Plantation Island Resort is a great place to visit. Thank you Plantation Island Resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the 553 acre island of Malolo Lailai, part of the Mamanuca Group of Islands, Plantation is surrounded by 23 acres of tropical gardens, coconut palms and white sandy beaches that front a beautiful sheltered lagoon. Plantation offers several accommodation options to suit most budgets, and is great value for families, students and fun loving couples. Most of the activities are complimentary including the 'Coconut Kids Club'. Come experience the friendly Fijian hospitality! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, lastminute.com.au, Odigeo, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Plantation Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Island Hotel Malolo Lailai Island
- Plantation Island Malolo Lailai
- Island Plantation Resort
- Plantation Island Resort Fiji/Malolo Lailai Island