“Acceptable but could have been better”
Review of Cracker Barrel

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #26 of 125 Restaurants in Prattville
Cuisines: American
Description: I-65 Exit 181
Description: I-65 Exit 181
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My wife and I visited on the evening of April 1 with our teen daughter and a foreign exchange student from Thailand. The real issue was the service. Our waitress apologized because she had a large group she was dealing with, but this resulted in a long delay before we got to order and glasses going unfurled. My wife’s eggs were not cooked as she had requested. When going to pay the gentleman behind the counter kept me waiting while he had a conversation with the customer in front of me. None of this is terrible, but it led to the visit being just OK.

The other thing worth noting is that the fried apples had been cooked with the skins on. Not sure if that is this location only or a change with all Cracker Barrel’s, but it is not true southern style cooking and everyone in our group thought they were awful

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

Last time we went to Cracker Barrel, they forgot one of my side dishes and there was some strange substance in my son’s mac & cheese. When the mgr came over at my request, she immediately said it was grease for the meatloaf! Like that makes it okay?!?

Then she brought him a new bowl of mac & cheese, but obviously he didn’t want to eat it. But we are charged for both his food and my missing side.

When I mentioned it to the cashier, she said she would have to get the mgr to approve any change to my bill. I told her to not bother; my time was worth more than the couple of bucks it would take off the bill. Rather, I would expect an establishment that cares about good customer service would do something on its own.

It will be awhile before we go back to this Cracker Barrel.

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

Driving over four long days from South Dakota to Florida, we stopped twice for relaxed Cracker Barrel lunches. As I remembered from a previous, years ago cross-country, the food was excellent, the service friendly and competent, and you know what to expect. This time I had (again) the daily special that this day was a moist, light, tasty meatloaf with cole slaw and corn. My conclusion: go for the daily special.

Reviewed 5 January 2018

Went for lunch mid week. The wait to be seated was quick. The place was clean. Pretty much this is your typical Cracker Barrel. Our service may have been a little slower than what we normally get but it wasn’t overly long. My dad insisted on the chicken pot pie. He was right. This stuff is AMAZING! Lots of huge hunks of chicken. Flakey crust. Creamy sauce and the perfect amount of veggies. I’ll definitely be back for pot pie.

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

I had tilapia, hash brown casserole and green beans. My husband had huge toss salad with ham, bacon and turkey. Lots to eat and good.