“Worst experience ever”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ozark
Ozark/Fort Rucker KOA
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Thought the park was perfect at first...then realized it was still under construction. Heavy machinery coming near my RV and vehicles is kinda scary since the "contract" you sign when moving in states "they aren't liable for damages". Then it got really bad, I go to pay rent on the due date and the employee working "ken" didn't know how much my rent was. Figured out that mess and thought we were all back on the same page. Woke up next morning, go to the bank and see that they ran my credit card for $19.08. I again waste my time going to the office in hopes it will be an easy fix. NO it wasn't, they didn't know anything about it. Had to print off my bank statement and take my receipts up there to proof what I was saying. Finally they got on the ball and refunded my money, at this point I decided I was done staying here. Gave my months notice and walked out of the office assuming everything was okay for the remaining 20 days I was going to be here. Two days later the owner "Bill" came to my RV intoxicated armed with a megaphone and a flashlight. He order me outside, I didn't open my door as I could tell he was drunk when he fell out of his golf cart and was slurring his words. He then got angry that I wouldn't go outside and he used his flashlight to cause major damage to the exterior of my RV. I called the local authorities because I feared for the safety of spouse and I. Before the cops could arrive he threatened to taser my spouse. He refused to give us a refund that night, cops made him settle down and I had high hopes I could continue to stay for the remainder of the time I paid for. Not a chance, the next day we come home, as we get out of our vehicle he hops on his golf and heads our way. We scrambled to the safety of our RV once again. This time I called 911 immediately. Ozark police and Dale county Sheriff responded lights and sirens and was able to persuade him to give us a full refund. We moved out of there that day!
1. Don't stay here
2. If you do, get everything in writing and don't pay with you credit card; they keep your card number on file.
3. Have your RV fully insured and set up video cameras.
4. Please protect yourself. As "Bill" drinks every night!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank Newly B

Reviewed 18 July 2017

We had an across the board terrible experience. Our trailer and cars were completely overrun by ants. The staff sprayed once and then said we were on our own after because they "couldn't be held responsible." We went through several cans of spray and even bought a pump sprayer, but the ants completely took over our trailer and our cars. We're STILL fighting them off.

The camp sites are tiny, as is the campground in general despite the photos that make it look spacious. You can see straight into the windows of every other trailer because there's only a few feet between each one. None of the sites have a grill or fire pit because you're stacked on top of each other, essentially. The highway noise goes on day and night.

Some of the staff members are nice, but the owners were flat out rude and run that place like a military base. We had family visit and the owners yelled at them for being there even though we'd checked them in like the sign told us to and followed all of the many other rules the campground has. The owners treated us like they didn't want us there and it worked -- we will never be back. Save yourself the trouble and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank cindyo382016
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

I grew up doing a lot of camping off and on. My wife and I decided to try it out with our four little kiddos. This campground was very solid. The staff care about you and truly desire you have a good stay. The campground is incredibly well maintained. Each tent campsite has a picnic table, sink and water, fire pit, light, electricity, and cable hook up!

We had firewood that we bought from them, but some rain caught us off guard and got it wet. So I went down to buy some more. The owner said he has a soft spot for tenters and just replaced it for free! THAT is customer service.

Definitely would recommend this place.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

We arrived in the middle of torrential rainstorm. Host was having computer problems printing my receipt but was SUPER nice. She got in her vehicle and escorted us to our flat concrete pull through site. Got out in the rain and explained the RV hookup pedestal and water connections. MUST have a water pressure regulator here!! 95psi out of the pedestal. We were perfectly level, all i had to was stabilize and hookup power, water and sewer. This Campground has good drainage as it stormed all night and thought we would wake up in a swamp but all was good. They have a beautiful KOI pond with spring peeper frogs that were full of song;) The host allowed us to feed his KOI and goldfish and that was a delight!! Plenty of campsites and tent camping for the adventureous in a torrential rainstorm. Nice bath house and laundry facilies. Would highly recommend staying here again and again!!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 February 2017 via mobile

This is a beautiful little park. The owners obviously care enough to make it attractive and well-maintained. There are a lot of nice touches like electric outlets boxed with wooden, decorative, light-up frames and a pond with a nice walkway, and cute evening lighting, lined with live bamboo. We liked the whole park very much.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple