We came down because I had a convention to attend and decided to stay the rest of the week as a family. As far as a business/convention center goes I would recommend it. The rooms are clean and comfortable, pleasant staff, nice amenities. For a week long family spot, not so much. The first thing to remember is that it isn't a condo, it's a hotel. The rooms are sufficient for business travel, but a little more room is better for families. No microwave in the room, it is down the hall by the ice maker; broken and minimally functional. The coffee maker in the room is by far the worst I have ever used. (Cuisinart should be ashamed) Most of the first few ounces go in the floor, I ended up taking the pot to the sink to pour a cup. If you're on business this is not bad because they have complimentary coffee down in the lobby, but getting the family ready in the morning it stinks. The pool and beach access are nice, 2 hot tubs is nice 1 for adults only. The gym is sufficient while you're traveling. The ice cream/pizza shop is good.
For business I would stay here again.
For family I will try to find a condo for the same price down the road.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a full-service Mediterranean-style resort hotel located on the beautiful white sand beaches of the Alabama Gulf Coast. Perdido Beach Resort is perfect for a weekend-getaway, a relaxing vacation or a business meeting accompanied by beautiful surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Evoline ltd, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, lastminute.com.au, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Cancelon so you can book your Perdido Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Perdido Beach Hotel Orange Beach
- Orange Beach Perdido Beach
- Perdido Beach Orange Beach