I just spent five nights at this hotel with my husband and my 14 month old son. We had a wonderful time. We stayed in a King with a Pool View. The room was spacious, and we were pleased that they accommodated our request for a roll-away crib. They also let us check in early (around 1:00 pm), which was very nice. The balcony was a little small but had a great view of the pool, the beach, and Perdido Pass. The rooms with Gulf views looked like they had bigger balconies. The bathroom was a little dated but clean and comfortable, and it had two vanities, one in the actual bathroom with the shower and toilet and another vanity with a separate sink right outside - I love this set-up because it allows two people to get ready at the same time. The maids who cleaned our room every day did a great job.
The pool is awesome, and you can swim through from the outdoor pool to the indoor pool. I was delighted that there was an adults only hot tub, but disappointed when I realized that the adults only rule is not enforced (there were tons of children playing in the adults only hot tub all the time). They have complimentary pool towels. Great service and drinks at the pool bar. The bartenders were fantastic. There is also a walk-up grill with decent food - we liked the cheeseburger the best.
The beach is typical of Orange Beach - beautiful white sand. The resort is situation on the end of the beach next to Perdido pass, and my son loved watching all the boats coming in and out of the pass. My husband enjoyed fishing on the jetty. We rented umbrellas and chairs ($105 for five days) and the attendants were awesome, they came to move our umbrella throughout the day to ensure we had full shade at all times, and they even made their adjustments without waking my son, who was asleep on the chair.
The best part about this resort is you don't have to leave if you don't want to. It is truly full service. They have several restaurants, including a pizza and ice cream parlor that my son loved.
The breakfast buffet was just okay - the lady making eggs did a good job, and the grits were good, but the biscuits and waffles did not taste home made.
I have a few suggestions for how the hotel could be even better - (1) enforce the adults only hot tub rule, (2) a baby-sitter/kids club option would be nice, (3) an on-site spa would be nice, (4) leave the beach chairs out until 6:30 instead of 5:30, (5) have someone making fresh waffles on the breakfast buffet, (6) have better wi-fi (we were not able to stream game of thrones through the wifi, so we had to use our cell data).
We had a wonderful trip and we can't wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a full-service Mediterranean-style resort hotel located on the beautiful white sand beaches of the Alabama Gulf Coast. Perdido Beach Resort is perfect for a weekend-getaway, a relaxing vacation or a business meeting accompanied by beautiful surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, lastminute.com.au, Hooroo Pty Ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Perdido Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Perdido Beach Hotel Orange Beach
- Orange Beach Perdido Beach
- Perdido Beach Orange Beach