“The Original”
Review of Story's Dairy Bar

Story's Dairy Bar
Ranked #1 of 5 Dessert in Opelika
Reviewed 29 May 2017

This place has been here since the 70's at least. Great chili dogs. Get the footlongs. Don't know why but they taste better than the short ones. The soft serve ice cream is great. Get a cone or sundae or, if you are really up for the challenge, the banana split in the boat. Great malts too. On several occasions, we have eaten at a fine dining place in Opelika and stopped at Ms. Story's for dessert on the way back to Auburn.

Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

I had the footlong chilidog and a Chocolate Malt. It was the best dog I've ever had. Will go back again soon.

Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

My husband & I love there ice cream. Every time we travel to Auburn/Opelika area we try to stop there. Will try the chilli dog next vist.

Reviewed 5 September 2016

We stopped with 9 people to enjoy soft serve. I may have confused the server, after paying. I asked to switch from a small to a medium cone and gave her 25 cents to cover the difference. There was only a 10 cent difference but told her to keep the change. What I got was a cup, which appeared to be bigger than a large. Not complaining but the owner is losing with this service. Great flavor in the vanilla-chocolate swirl.

Reviewed 5 September 2016

My husband and I visited this little ice cream shop after a day trip to Auburn. My husband ordered the soft serve ice cream cone and it was delicious. A great place for a quick afternoon snack in the summer!