“Better Than Before”

Steak 'n Shake
Ranked #81 of 115 Restaurants in Opelika
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 3 June 2017

Went today for lunch and got the usual Cajun Steakburger and fries which was really very good with a fresh roll. Fries were pretty good. Chocolate cherry Coke merely fair. Service was sketchy at best.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

I've visited this Steak 'n Shake restaurant once, and once was enough. While I have visited others in the chain, this location was by far the slowest service I've experienced. No one seemed motivated to move to serve their customers. The food was fine, but there are many more choices in the area with wait staff that act like the customer matters.

Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

We stopped while traveling, hoping for a quick meal, 30 minutes after being seated we still did not have food. I took our glass to the counter for a refill, because our waiter did not come near us after taking our order. Milkshakes were soup when they were served, food was ok. Yes, the restaurant was full, but there were four on the line, four on the floor, and two managers, more than enough to cover a small Steak and Shake.

Reviewed 19 November 2016 via mobile

Not whole a lot you can say. It's fast food. Staff is slow. Food doesn't taste that bad but it's nothing that special. Good place to eat if your in a hurry.

Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

Everyone likes kids eat free on the weekend. I am writing from the booth. I was met by a hostess who walked away to clean a table. The second host also left to wash tables, wringing out a dirty rag into a bucket sitting on top of the hostess stand. Number three finally got me to a table but it was wet so he dried it. Food was ok, had an empty glass for a good 20 minutes but hey, I really didn't expect more. Waitress did find some NFL for me on the tv though.

Been to Steak 'n Shake? Share your experiences!