“Updated Review- Better!!!”

Louie's Chicken Fingers of Opelika
Ranked #70 of 115 Restaurants in Opelika
Description: Specializing in chicken fingers (fried or grilled), chicken wings, fried catfish, BBQ, burgers, wraps, salads, and fresh, traditional sides prepared fresh and cooked to order. Dine-in or take-out. Call ahead for fastest take-out service or large orders. Game Day Tailgate and Catering packages also available.
Reviewed 10 November 2017

I visited Louie's this week and was pleasantly surprised that me feet no longer stuck to the floor! This Louie's is under new ownership and the decor has been a priority. New wall photo murals and either new carpet or clean carpet. The food is still very good! Always good to see improvement!

Unfortunately, the salt and pepper shakers on the tables are sticky. I guess the grease residue works it's way around, and no one seems to be cleaning them. Need to work on that! Maybe it happened on the day I visited.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

What stands out to me about this location of Louie's is the carpet in the dining area is sticky. I'm not sure if they never clean the carpet, but it needs it badly. Otherwise, the food is pretty good. I would give it a better rating except for my concern over how clean the place is. Time to rent a carpet cleaner!

Reviewed 23 June 2017

This is another go-to place for a quick lunch. The drive-through is great! The chicken fingers are excellent and the wraps are HUGE!

Reviewed 24 March 2017

A weekday lunch visit to Louie’s didn’t so smoothly. The menu at the order board isn’t complete. Some prices are blanked and that’s it. Not sure if they are available. I sat at the board for several minutes and no one came on the speaker. I drove to the window and waited a couple of minutes before anyone came there. Employees looked at me but that was it.

The lady that eventually helped didn’t seem happy I was there. I told her I waited at the speaker and go no response. No comment from her like I’m sorry. I ordered a burger, medium with no onions and fries.

She screamed out the word burger. Then she asked if I wanted it with everything. I answered no onions as I had said before. She yelled that too. After that came a question about cheese and bacon. She then inquired about a beverage. She gave me the total and I paid.

In only 5 minutes my burger was ready for me. Surprised me even for medium. I took the bag. She said to have a nice day. I drove to a nearby campus parking area by picnic tables for lunch.

The burger was well done but moist and hot. Too bad the bun was cold. There was plenty of lettuce, tomato and nice sliced pickles. The fries were soggy crinkle cuts but did taste of potato. Condiments were a tube of mayo and 2 small packs of mustard and mayo. No salt or pepper and nothing to spread mayo.

The over-done burger was tasty but the cold gummy bun was a distraction. The fries were very disappointing. It’s doubtful the burger was patted and cooked to order as advertised.

Of course Louie’s serves chicken and more than just tenders. They offer fried and grilled tenders in various combinations plus in sandwiches. You can also get them in wraps. Wings are available served as a plate and in bulk. Louie’s also makes chicken salad that can be ordered as a sandwich or plate. I’ve had the tenders before from another location and they are average.

Fish or seafood interest you? Louie’s has you covered. Louie’s has both catfish and shrimp. Side salads are available along with a house salad served with chicken tenders. A number of sides are offered plus a veggie plate.

The Opelika Louie’s is open Monday through Saturday from 10:30 until 9. The restaurant is closed on Sundays. There are 2 locations in Auburn that have longer hours. No delivery available from the Opelika location.

There are 2 other restaurants located at Betts' Crossing – No. 1 Restaurant (Asian) and Marco's Pizza. Both have dining areas.

All in all lunch was acceptable but that’s it. It wouldn’t have taken much to make it much better. A caring employee would have been a great help. Probably won’t try a burger there again and definitely not the drive up.