“Worst hotel ever ”

EconoLodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #59 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Everything from start to finish was terrible. The lady at check in was less than helpful. When i got into the room, there was hair in the tub, toilet, and sink. I had to go back to the front desk to ask for bars of soap. (To be fair.. there was shampoo and conditioner). I bought food to eat there but ended up throwing it out since i lost my appetite. I wanted to leave immediately but my room was non refundable and i paid $107. Plus i had already checked other hotels and they were full (fall break). When i checked out in the morning, there was no one at the desk. So, my bassett hound and i walked into the breakfast area where the hotel clerk appeared and told me in a stern tone that dogs were not allowed in there. I almost didnt write this review since i am a retail manager and hate when people complain. But if i would have known this.. i would have stayed elsewhere.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 5 September 2017

My family stayed here August 17, 2017 and it was ok for one night. Everything in the room worked and was clean, but it was a little old and dowdy. The service from the front desk was friendly and polite, and the breakfast the next morning was good. We were there to visit a college and enjoyed a visit to the capitol building in the afternoon.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

The first room we were given the lock was missing so my husband went to get another room. Well in the second room the door was off the vanity. So he goes and get a third room and the lock on there was half way on. The lock problems indicate to me that people have been kicking in those doors and that's a major problem for me.

Housekeeping never cleaned my room or refreshed the towels. After getting in from a long stay at the hospital with my mother-in-law (She's doing much better)I had to go to the front desk and ask for clean towels.

If you can run the opposite way please do so. It is not worth your sanity to worry about someone kicking down your door. But If you must stay pack your own towels and sleep with one eye open.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2017

We were supposed to stay three nights but only stayed one night and I wouldn't have done that if it hadn't of been so late. Our team was playing in a showcase softball tournament and used a third party vendor to book and this hotel (really motel) is horrible. Our faucets leaked everywhere and when they worked only had cold water. The pool is not in working order. The refrigerator is on its last legs and the breakfast was too questionable to eat. There are plenty of clean hotels in the area please pick one of those.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 May 2017

After driving from 7:00am to 7:00pm that day our group was ready to stop for the night. I knew this wasn't going to be a nice hotel but didn't know how "off" it would be.

The fresh smell of cleanser filled the lobby when we entered. The only thing that was out of place was the letter "Q" in Quality Inn sign behind the desk had fallen off the wall and was propped in place. The lady checking us in was nice enough but now I know now to not judge a hotel by it's lobby.

Our traveling party got 3 rooms. We drove passed the brown swimming pool to our rooms that were opposite the lobby.

My key didn't work so I walked to the lobby, got another key, and walked back. That key didn't work. Walked to lobby, walked back. That key didn't work. Walked back to the lobby where the clerk just assigned me another room. She also told me someone had just stolen her cell phone phone from the lobby - interesting

Back to the room and dead roach resting on the AC vent, lots of mildew in the shower, the toilet wasn't securely fastened to the floor. Nice

Another in our party had no towels in her room. She walked to the lobby for towels and was handed bath mats. When she got back to her room, she only had scalding or cold water in her shower. She used ours. which offered scalding, tepid or cold water options.

Also, vending machine out of order, poorly stocked complimentary breakfast area. etc

Spend a little more, go elsewhere and save yourself the headache.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere