“A Myriad of Problems”

EconoLodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #59 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Reviewed 14 May 2017

After driving from 7:00am to 7:00pm that day our group was ready to stop for the night. I knew this wasn't going to be a nice hotel but didn't know how "off" it would be.

The fresh smell of cleanser filled the lobby when we entered. The only thing that was out of place was the letter "Q" in Quality Inn sign behind the desk had fallen off the wall and was propped in place. The lady checking us in was nice enough but now I know now to not judge a hotel by it's lobby.

Our traveling party got 3 rooms. We drove passed the brown swimming pool to our rooms that were opposite the lobby.

My key didn't work so I walked to the lobby, got another key, and walked back. That key didn't work. Walked to lobby, walked back. That key didn't work. Walked back to the lobby where the clerk just assigned me another room. She also told me someone had just stolen her cell phone phone from the lobby - interesting

Back to the room and dead roach resting on the AC vent, lots of mildew in the shower, the toilet wasn't securely fastened to the floor. Nice

Another in our party had no towels in her room. She walked to the lobby for towels and was handed bath mats. When she got back to her room, she only had scalding or cold water in her shower. She used ours. which offered scalding, tepid or cold water options.

Also, vending machine out of order, poorly stocked complimentary breakfast area. etc

Spend a little more, go elsewhere and save yourself the headache.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 30 April 2017

We stayed using 8,000 Choice points, but signs were promoting a $49 rate. Our 2 bed room appeared recently refurbished. The AC worked well--all night! Room could have used more lighting and a second mirror other than the one over the sink to facilitate getting ready in the morning. I did hear other guests in the lobby complaining about their rooms, so there may be a significant difference if not all rooms are redone? Only 1 ice machine was operational (on the 2nd floor only), and there was no sugar-free syrup available for the fresh pancakes. Desk staff were great both at check in and on leaving. We would stay here again. We like the external corridors with our car parked directly outside our door.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

My weekend in Montgomery wad ok until I checked in you this Howell. 1st there were no towels and way cloths in my room and I was told to come to the front desk to pick them up... what??????? Why do I habe to walk from the back of the hotel too the front to get towels that should have been in my room anyway??? I don't understand that. The wall plugs in the room did not work and those connected to the lamps were too loose and would not hold the charger in place. The cabinets under the sink were coming off. The bath tub was cracked with a hug black spider looking crack. The sink faucet water was hot though... this hotel needs to be updated and fast. The toilet stopped working on the morning of my checkout...I don't think I'll be staying here again...

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 March 2017

Toilet seat was unattached in one room, bug was found in a bed, mouse poop on a desk, pillows were dirty, handle fell off one of the doors when thee went to open it, blood on the light switch in one of the rooms, pool outside was scummy green looking and the cement around it was broken up.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 February 2017 via mobile

Here from Peru on a 2 day buisness trip. We made a HUGE mistake with this hotel. My non smoking room was smoke infested, bloody boogers on the sham and dirt in the bathroom which is easily cleaned. Do maids not come in here?! The receptionist was,a sweet lady and breakfast was good. Gym equipment felt like it was going to rattle apart on me and the drinking faucet didn't work. There were people making all kinds of noise through 3am in the morning. Never ever again will I even think of staying at a quality inn.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Marshenator
DanPtl, General Manager at EconoLodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2017

Thank you for taking time out of your day to let us know about your stay. It is nice to read that you have regarded our staff to be so on point. However, we're sorry we fell below your expectation regard-ing the condition of the hotel and our rooms. We thank you for brining this to our attention as the feedback we receive from our guests like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the neces-sary actions to improve things. We hope you would consider staying with us again should your travels bring you back here.