See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

This was the worst hotel I've ever been at. I came for orientation for school with my mom and grandma. It was 3am when we checked in. The night auditor didn't know how to check in 2 guys that were before me. When she finally got to me she couldn't find my reservation period! She did accommodate us and tried to gave me the same rate which I was thank for. BUT, when we got to the room there wasn't enough towel and we had a double bed room. The sheets had stains, the towels had stains. There were cigarette ashes on the floor. My mom had to ask the girl to get us some more towels from another room which she had plenty of empty ones. The next day we talked to different front desk agent and she basically told us that this hotel is independently owned and they are not affiliated with Best Western! (Flase advertisement) she then goes on to say that in order to do a complaint we had to let the person we checked in with know our complaint otherwise there is nothing they can do. Also, that the night auditor should not have left the desk to accommodate us with the towels, we should have waited until the next day!!! I would NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone. I watched many of guest try to enter their rooms and had to walk back to the front desk because they're keys did not work. The lock the exits doors that have stairs around 7:30 so if I fire would've broke out, we would've been stuck period. Only reason I stayed is because I'm from Louisiana and I did not know the area. We just needed somewhere to sleep for my school orientation. I have pics and videos.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank TanishaSelf
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

We stopped twice to overnight here driving from Texas to North Carolina and back. The first night was bad enough. The room smelled bad. No towels were to be found in the room and when my husband went to get towels he was given a towel and some sort of rag instead of a second towel. In the end it did not matter; there was no running water in the shower. We were tired from a hard days drive, so we opted to go to sleep and get out of there as quickly as possible. We hoped our return trip would be better. While in NC my husband discovered he had been charged twice for that night. On our return the room provided was better, no smells, and there were two real towels but no wash cloths or soap. TV did not work either. My husband made several trips to the front desk in order to obtain soap and wash cloths. Why are these things so hard to get. Questions about the tv went unresolved. This is a trip we make every year. We will not be staying here again.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lynn M
Reviewed 14 June 2018

(Note - stayed March 2018)
The quality of service this hotel provides is a complete misrepresentation of the Best Western brand. I have Diamond Select status, so I know the brand well.

The list of our issues with SureStay Montgomery are as follows:

1. Had to wait after 5:30pm before we could check in because our room wasn’t ready - the hotel wasn’t busy
2. Smoking room - we asked for non-smoking, but this room stank of smoke
3. Toilet dirty with cigarette burn on seat
4. No iron or ironing board - had to request one
5. TV didn’t work
6. Badly ripped towel
7. Dirty hairdryer
8. Breakfast - just some packets of cereal and apples left at 7:30am (not even milk). We had to go across the road and spend $20 in Waffle House.
9. Member of staff said it was under new management and hoped it got better
10. Loose taps in sink and no plug
11. No net curtains
12. Really shabby rooms.

In some hotels you might find one or two things that need attention, but this was terrible.

I’m really surprised I wasn’t offered any form of compensation – vouchers, points or other – especially as my wife and I had to pay for breakfast across the road from the hotel; the response from the Best Western Customer Care team was “… if you choose to stay with them again they will ensure you have a wonderful time. They are under new management and changing the staff to provide great customer service.” This I find outrageous!

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BestWesternHotels, Corporate at Americas Best Value Inn Montgomery Alabama Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback of your recent stay, and we are sorry to hear that it did not exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we hope you will give us another chance and stay with us again. -Best Western Hotels & Resort

Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

1 Star is too much. A friend visited with late notice so we had to book a room nearby at the last minute, just for one night.

⇨︎There was only 1 bath towel for 2 people.
⇨︎There was only 1 face cloth - USED, hanging on a hook behind the bathroom door.
⇨︎The evening of the day we checked out, I realized I had left my (new) dress hanging on the hook of the bathroom door (I had tossed the used facecloth on the floor). I immediately called the hotel and spoke to Nyeesha (sp?) who wasn’t particularly helpful, saying “no one found anything). I had to call back as she hung up before I finished speaking. My husband also called.

I contacted their head office through FB and got a prompt response that customer services would contact me. They did, with a case number. I had also sent a photo of the dress with the price & I had a receipt as proof.

However, the manager of this branch, Kintia (sp?) told Customer Service the housekeeper didn’t find anything. Well, of course they won’t admit that they STOLE my clothing.

I would like a check for the STOLEN item, please. [This review will be copied to EVERY SINGLE listing for this hotel.]

The manager still has not had the decency to contact me.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Shelley K
Krunal P, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Montgomery Alabama Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2018

I first to apologize, on behalf of the housekeeping staff. I doubled check with the housekeeping , and they did not have a dress, we have a procedure that the staff follows. We are restructuring the Housekeeping department to ensure for better service and understanding the needs and requirements of our loyal guests. Please come and stay with us again.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

This is a well worn property in need of serious renovation. Our room was NS but smelled of heavy smoking. Manual security lock on door was broken. There was a hole in wall adjacent to door handle. Toilet appeared to leak around its base. Very basic accommodations not up to Best Western's standards. WiFi was very slow. Reception desk personnel did a good job at check in. Room was very quiet. Will not return.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Krunal P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Montgomery Alabama Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

I first want to apologize for you not having a great stay at my property. I am pleased that front desk did a great job. If you would give us a second chance to show you a awesome stay the next time your in town.