“It’s okayyyy”

Capitol Oyster Bar
Ranked #15 of 496 Restaurants in Montgomery
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Food was ok. Service good, but $19.00 for a fish sandwich? If you like oysters, this is the place for you; otherwise... meh

Reviewed 31 March 2018

This place was recommended by some locals, however when we started driving down dirt roads, over railroad tracks, and past an industrial area, I began to have doubts. The restaurant at the end of a dirt parking lot looked like an old shack. Once inside, though, the atmosphere was nice, with lots of windows overlooking the river. I got the gumbo and a dozen fresh, large, raw oysters which were superb. This place hosts some popular blues musicians so I will plan my next visit around a concert.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

Went to lunch here Saturday after the SLE Rodeo. Since I was alone I sat at the bar to eat. Had never noticed before that the Bar is actually an old boat.... And you better keep your coasters under your drink at all times as the friendly bar tenders will certainly remind you!!! Since it was a boat at one time the drinks will just slide off the bar with out a coaster.... Was quiet funny! Lately I have been having to watch the gluten. That happens as your age... I really had a taste for some of their yummy oysters. I ask the bar tender what they used for batter. She said corn meal and flour...I ask if she could just do in corn mean and "YES!" They were absolutely delicious.... And they were big suckers too. Not those little bity ones I had at another place recently. If you are in the area of Montgomery....GO, You will not be disappointed! And FYI-the first time I went here I found on Tripadvisor...

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Been wanting to visit here for a couple years. Cool cultural experience, but prices are way to high. $9 lukewarm gumbo, six small shrimp $16. Went there for oysters but not willing to pay $18.95 a dozen!

1  Thank Michael S
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Stopped in for happy hour, the oysters were excellent, the cocktails great, the gator tail appetizer was very good. The hush puppies were a major disappointment.